The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track car build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the plan to cool the engine oil using coolant? Looks like it from the adapter on the block. I would've thought an external cooler would be needed?

All that billet is so sexy!
Are you referring to the photo of the dry sump setup? Not using coolant for the engine oil. Just your standard oil and water cooling. I am going to use a cooler for the Albins (LS diff / gearbox) and the engine. Running a 6 stage dry sump to cool the turbos too.

TX
Are you referring to the photo of the dry sump setup? Not using coolant for the engine oil. Just your standard oil and water cooling. I am going to use a cooler for the Albins (LS diff / gearbox) and the engine. Running a 6 stage dry sump to cool the turbos too.

Was referring to the adapter circled below. Very possible I am mis-identifying it. But it looks like an oil to coolant heat exchanger used for engine oil cooling. I'd have thought you'd need more cooling capability through a dedicated cooler - that's why I was curious :)

1607535644181.png

Was referring to the adapter circled below. Very possible I am mis-identifying it. But it looks like an oil to coolant heat exchanger used for engine oil cooling. I'd have thought you'd need more cooling capability through a dedicated cooler - that's why I was curious :)

View attachment 60411

Got it. Using a gen 3 Coyote block as a mock up only. That is the OEM oil cooler that will not be used for this build.

Seriously Spartan, you don't post often, when you do you kinda tend to break the internet...

That thing means serious business!! I need to stop by and look at it once the weather gets nicer!
Stop by anytime! I won’t be around for the May 7th. Cars and Coffee but should be for the one after that.

TMO Supporting Vendors