The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track car build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I grew up in a family owned body shop of 45 years in business. You are correct, adhesive is VERY strong....sometimes stronger than welding. The problem with your idea though is that it’s only good when assembling panels. You can not use it on pre-existing panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With some ingenuity and steadfast determination anything is possible. Absent this, fabricators will be stuck in the ways of the past. Adhesives technologies have grown significantly and are being used more and more in automotive fabrication and other high-tech industries around the world. If people wish to be stuck in the past, technology will roll right past them.

Last edited:
Remember the Ford Mustang race cars start life as a 4 cylinder rental. The bodies in white, or street cars made into race cars, really don’t have the option to add adhesives so seam welding is really the only option. Multimatic is well versed in composites yet their GT4’s are seam welded.

Remember the Ford Mustang race cars start life as a 4 cylinder rental. The bodies in white, or street cars made into race cars, really don’t have the option to add adhesives so seam welding is really the only option. Multimatic is well versed in composites yet their GT4’s are seam welded.

Exactly.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
My noggin is still trying to figure out what it's take on this blue/green/teal color is going to be. I keep flipping back and forth each tyme I take another look at it. Can't wait to see the finished job.

My noggin is still trying to figure out what it's take on this blue/green/teal color is going to be. I keep flipping back and forth each tyme I take another look at it. Can't wait to see the finished job.

Look for a Mexico Blue Porsche. That’s the color of this Mustang.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel