The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

track day and INSURANCE, my insurance refuses...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I called my insurance before registering for a track day and positively said NO, what insurance do you have that covers track days?

No coverage for your car unless offered on a per day basis at certain tracks. Most clubs/tracks do provide liability with your entry fee. As far as your own car you pay to play.

I paid about 250 for track insurance, for the weekend. Then someone at the track asked me where I lived, I told them nc, and they said my car insurance would cover it. Hagerty would not. So I called state farm and after about 3 days, talks with the underwriter and sending them info on hpde days they said it would be covered. and they were about 100 per year cheaper than hagerty. Of course they do not have guaranteed pout if totaled like hagerty.

Anyway, just call you insurance company and ask.

kbush02 said:
I paid about 250 for track insurance, for the weekend. Then someone at the track asked me where I lived, I told them nc, and they said my car insurance would cover it. Hagerty would not. So I called state farm and after about 3 days, talks with the underwriter and sending them info on hpde days they said it would be covered. and they were about 100 per year cheaper than hagerty. Of course they do not have guaranteed pout if totaled like hagerty.

Anyway, just call you insurance company and ask.

thats how I found out, I called my ins (high point) gave the hpde phone number, saying "driving school, not a timed event, to be safer etc" -> their answer was an immediate packet in the mail highlighting with yellow pen the part that says in my contract NO PRIVATE TRACK EVENTS. so basically, I am now flagged and toast lol, will do the Pay to Play as Gary puts it, and just pay the hpde $250 track day ins. :(

I used to be an agent and my father has for 30+ years and I'd advise you not call your agent telling them you are taking your car to a race track, no way no how. If you know your agent and know they want call an underwriter and ask, maybe but I would be completely sure.

Read your policy as it will have verbiage in it (about racing, off road etc).

The last thing you want is an insurance company knowing you may be racing or doing anything of the sort with a car you have insured.

If you want to ask a question, I'd avise you call an agent you don't know inquiring about a quote and have the discussion if you must.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel