The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Day Crashes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw this after watching Jza1736s run group vid. "Be careful out there"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BECharVgjk0

GA
TheMarco said:
Man now you've made me all nervous about tracking my car :(

You always do take a chance by taking it on track. If you can't afford to ball it up you can always get track day insurance.

TheMarco said:
Man now you've made me all nervous about tracking my car :(

Yeah, I was thinking of going to Pocono in two weeks, now I am thinking a little harder on it.
I was thinking of leaving the AdvanceTrac on for the extra help first time out.

13SBY302 said:
Yeah, I was thinking of going to Pocono in two weeks, now I am thinking a little harder on it.

Put it in Sport Mode. Turning it off is for two kinds of people, those that can afford to get another Boss on Monday or those with many hours or years of track experience. In Sport Mode you will still have plenty of fun and the system will only step in with beginner mistakes, it is amazing how well it works.

I have started to run without mine because I have been heating the brakes much more as I learn to drive harder. I am afraid the extra times the system activates the brakes is pushing me over the top so I need to learn better control of the car myself. I am glad I started tracking with it on to learn other basics and there is no shame in using it starting out.

2012YellowBoss said:
13SBY302 said:

Put it in Sport Mode. Turning it off is for two kinds of people, those that can afford to get another Boss on Monday or those with many hours or years of track experience. In Sport Mode you will still have plenty of fun and the system will only step in with beginner mistakes, it is amazing how well it works.

I have started to run without mine because I have been heating the brakes much more as I learn to drive harder. I am afraid the extra times the system activates the brakes is pushing me over the top so I need to learn better control of the car myself. I am glad I started tracking with it on to learn other basics and there is no shame in using it starting out.

I've tracked my former S2000 several times and Summit Point and I did the Keith Code Superbike School at VIR so I'm not a total noob, but when I do take my Boss to the track I'm going to leave the TC ON.

Track Insurance 10x = cost of a used Boss. I'll take my chances :p

As stated above, unless you do something fundamentally stupid then sport mode TC will save your butt. I am more worried about someone else hitting me.

CaliMR said:
Track Insurance 10x = cost of a used Boss. I'll take my chances :p

As stated above, unless you do something fundamentally stupid then sport mode TC will save your butt. I am more worried about someone else hitting me.

How do you figure? $250 for a single day x 10 = $2500
375 for 2 day x 5 = 1875
And I'm not sure how much it is because I haven't done it yet. They have deals for 10+ days for the whole season.
To each his own, but I go to the track every time with peace of mind. I never want to crash my car, but if I do, I won't be out 55,000.

That is pretty cheap for track insurance, at least from the couple places I called. 10 was an exaggeration, but they wanted like 1k for a 2 day weekend when I asked around and had the Evo.

CaliMR said:
That is pretty cheap for track insurance, at least from the couple places I called. 10 was an exaggeration, but they wanted like 1k for a 2 day weekend when I asked around and had the Evo.

http://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/

Yeah, definitely worth the price of admission.

Thats funny ;D Never considered this vid would spark an insurance debate ??? I thought the question would be, how do you loose control of an AWD Subby in a low speed corner and hit a slower car coming out of the pits ::) I also like the RING vids because ive done the same thing on GT5 a million times. Just bouncing from one wall to another. Didnt cost me anything but time though ;)

That silver car is an Evo, which is a Mitsubishi, not a Subby. Looks like an VIII from the front end. Want to know how you crash it like that? The driver was a moron. VTA BOV on an Evo lol. When you hear VTA on an Evo (hood vent, not scoop) just assume the guy is a retard and give him a wide berth.

Yeah I had one. Lifting mid corner is probably the culprit, the BOV timing seems to fit as well as how the car reacted. Looks like he apexed too early, Evos like to be tossed a little sideways into a corner and hit a really late apex.

Why did I feel the need to correct you and point out that I had the same car as that guy who crashed like a fool? I don't know.

Sorry cali they all look the same to me. You felt the need to correct me for the same reason you wouldnt want some idiot calling your BOSS a six cylinder with a pony pack. Its all good ;D

Yeah but in the real world, when people called it a Subaru, didn't care. And it happened a lot. But when one crashes like a moron, all of a sudden I want everyone to know ;D

Going to post this video to my old forum, see if anyone knows who it is.

2012YellowBoss said:
13SBY302 said:

Thanks for the advice!! Went to Pocono and had a blast there.

TMO Supporting Vendors