The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track day Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just put a track day insurance package for my 2018 car together through Hagerty. For 7 years I never had it but after two major losses without I decided to protect my investment. For a 2 day WG event, $45k coverage/10% deductible cost is $277. For the 3 events/6 days I have scheduled so far the cost will be $808 or about $135 a day. Hopefully they will take my money and I'll never need it but I think it is something for all to consider. BTW Lockton offers a more flexible multi event package where you buy so many events for a fixed rate then use as you schedule them. Downside is they can't write policies in NY so I wasn't able to see an accurate quote but prices I did see seemed comparable.
Steve

While I’m not going to track my Porsche very often I’m also considering track ins for my June 3rd track day. I’m expecting about $250 a day.

Track day insurance was the deciding factor in taking my car to the track. Didn't know it existed before!
Used Lockton the first time, but went with RLI the second time since it was easier to sign up for an event that was not on their list of event organizers. Prices were comparable. I noticed the package deals and that seems like the way to go if you have multiple events planned out.

I'm using On Track Insurance, they were the only one with a package deal when I first started and I've just stuck with them. I'll have to check out Lockton & Hagerty.

For what it's worth, my GT350 is ~$375 per weekend to insure. Pretty pricey, but way better than a loss of the car.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
I had been using Lockton the past year and half. When they wouldn't insure the private event at Buttonwillow earlier this week I had to go to Hagerty. I wish I would have checked with them sooner as they were $50 less than Lockton for the same coverage.

Steveespo --

I've used Hagerty/RLi for single events but never saw a way to apply for multiple events and get discounted premiums. Can you elaborate on how you got your "package" deal??

TIA,
Tetstang

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Steveespo --

I've used Hagerty/RLi for single events but never saw a way to apply for multiple events and get discounted premiums. Can you elaborate on how you got your "package" deal??

TIA,
Tetstang

Just kept adding events for quote and added them up. Wish they had a multi event policy option but it’s not too difficult individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, okay. At the end of getting one policy, just click on "add another event" (I think that's what it says), keeping adding and the savings pile up ??

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Oh, okay. At the end of getting one policy, just click on "add another event" (I think that's what it says), keeping adding and the savings pile up ??

I don’t know if savings pile up or if different tracks have different risk factors. I quoted Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, and Road America for 2, 1 and 3 days. $808.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drano38

Wayne
I've used Lockton and On Track Insurance and both are similar, but On Track is about $20 cheaper.
For the last couple years, these are the quotes for PCA events at Brainerd MN and Hastings NE:
Lockton $335, On Track $311

TMO Supporting Vendors