The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Day Preparation List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will be doing my first track day in my 2017 GT350R in the next few months. While I've been doing track days on sportbikes for the past 12 years , I've yet to complete a serious track day in a car. Has someone on this forum posted a Prep List for a typical track day? I live in the San Diego CA area and I'm also trying to figure out where to track it. I've only tracked at Chuckwalla on my bike and even if there were a car day there, it seems way too small and tight for the GT350R.

Chuckwalla is a fun track and plenty fast for your Mustang. For real high speed trek North to Fontana on the Roval. I have a checklist of what to bring but not for the car. Check obvious things like lug nuts, fluid levels etc.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Most tracks or clubs provide a checklist for tech. These are a good start. I always check anything on the tech sheet along with anything I installed, as well as suspension and brake fasteners. Build your own checklist as you go.

Exactly. There are samples of tech and checklist from one of the groups I run with:
http://www.speedventures.com
Best to also see one from the group you're going with.

I've only tracked at Chuckwalla on my bike and even if there were a car day there, it seems way too small and tight for the GT350R.

I wouldn't say that. But if you think so, then Auto Club or Willow Springs might suit you better. I like that Chuckwalla has a LOT of runoff almost everywhere but the bowl.

TMO Supporting Vendors