The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Day Solutions #59 '12 Boss and Aluma Trailer For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
For Sale
2012 Boss 302 with Aluma 8250 20’ Aluminum Tilt trailer

$40,000

B302.png

2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca LS-378 for sale. This is a track-only car that s 100% sorted out, has no known issues or repair needs and is ready for the track. Odometer is at 13,129. It is one of the fewer Boss 302’s in existence with no overheating issues when run hard at the redline running a stock radiator with distilled water and RedLine water wetter. This is a very capable and very balanced car capable of significant G’s with the current 315 square tire setup. This car currently is not stripped and weighs a bit less than the stock 3620 lbs. In the right hands it can easily run a sub minute lap at Lime Rock Park. Engine is very strong with no issues or history of issues other than the original “ghost misfires” that all Bosses were experiencing, which was resolved with a new engine wiring harness, Ford Racing high RPM pulse ring and the updated crankshaft sensor with O-ring. Updated MT-82 with a McLeod dual plate RXT clutch has two seasons on it with no shifting issues.

For those that know me I'm no BS. Why sell the car now with it being so sorted out? I need a change. I'm chasing laps times and just not enjoying it as it's become competitive within myself. I miss having a killer luxury sport DD, which I can't honestly do if I keep up the dedicated track car thing. I feel VERY comfortable selling her the way she is now - just about as perfect as she can get without more major investment. Anyone who wants no headaches and just jump on the track with a car will appreciate this one.

Email me at [email protected] for pics.

· Engine
o 100% stock mechanicals, runs very strong. “Like new” is not an overstatement.
o All coil packs replaced last season
o Mike Rousch tune in 2017, redline set to 7800. A/F ratio pushed slightly rich to protect engine. No misfires, backfires, hesitation, etc.
o SCT X4 tuner with current tune and original Ford tune still programmed.
o Carbon fiber cold air intake with MAF sensor restrictor removed (for tune).
o Dual JLT catch cans

· Transmission/Drivetrain
o Stock MT-82 refreshed in 2016. Has become very reliable with the elimination of the stock clutch
o MGW first generation shifter
o Blowfish racing shifter bracket w/Integrated NHRA Legal Driveshaft Safety Loop.
o McLeod dual plate RXT clutch installed in 2016
o McLeod lightweight aluminum flywheel
o DSS aluminum drive shaft

· Suspension/Aero
o APR rear wing
o Laguna Seca front splitter
o MCS race grade dual adjustable dampers front and rear installed in 2016. Not close at all to needing a refresh.
o Eibach coilover springs, #600 front & #275 rear
o H&R adjustable sway bar up front
o Stock Laguna Seca sway bar in rear (mates with the #275 rear springs well)
o Ford Racing LCA’s front and rear
o Ford Racing rear LCA relocation brackets
o Cortex bump steer kit
o Cortex Watts Link
o Vorshlag camber plates
o Just installed front Ford Racing hubs/bearings
o Just installed Ford rear bearings

· Brakes
o Just installed S550 6 pot Brembo front brakes with 15” rotors
o Just installed GT500 rear brake kit with fresh stock rear calipers
o Just installed Pagid brake pads (RST-3 front, RST-4 rear)

· Exhaust
o Kooks LTH’s
o Kooks 3” pipes
o Kooks X-Pipe
o Kooks high flow lightweight mufflers
o Custom made removable resonators based on SuperTrapp diffusers (for Db limited tracks)

· Wheels/Tires
o Just installed Apex 18” x 11” wheels
o BF Goodrich 315/30-18 R1S slicks with less than 2 hours on them. Almost new.
o Second set of Apex wheels available at additional cost.

· Interior
o Sparco quick release racing steering wheel
o OMP racing seats (2) HTE-R XL
o Adjustable seat rails
o Cooltech ½ Roll Cage, Red, Padded
o Stereo delete with Rehegan Racing center panel, data logger and rear diff cooler switches
o Schroth 6 point harness system (driver and passenger)
o Chrome fire extinguisher on floor mount with quick-release pin

· Data/Camera
o TraqMate data acquisition system with engine tach monitoring and Go-Pro Hero camera control (Go-Pro Hero camera and roll cage mount included)

· Other

o Setrab dual fan rear differential radiator with Tilton Engineering pump. System can be manually triggered from an on dash switch but also has a 185 degree emergency switch which will engage the pump if the rear diff temp hits 185 degrees. Pressure release is through an in-trunk AllStar reservoir system (typically is bone dry).
o Blowfish racing battery relocation and mains shutoff kit
o Quick release pin hood locks
o AeroForce digital multi-gauge wired into the OBD-II port.

· Stock Parts
o Over 95% of the original parts including rear seat delete, seats, springs, panels are available.

· Trailer
o Aluma Model 8220 20’ - tilt bed ramp length, total deck length 23’.
o Spare tire mount
o Front mounted lockable tool/accessory box
o Dual axle Torsion suspension, electric brakes, larger aluminum wheels,
o Tilt Trailer - still requires Race Ramps (included) due to low height of the car’s nose.
o Very good working condition other than hydraulic to control rate of decent, which has a leak and needs repair. Hydraulic system is not required to use the trailer effectively.

Sorry to see it go Pete

GLWS

are the other rims you have Apex also?
And are you selling them? I'm in the market for rims to clear the S550 brakes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Solid car, with the added plus of being probably the most popular Laguna Seca ( highly desired paint scheme on this model) built! Add in a super popular ( though a bit pricey) trailer and this is a one shot and you are ready to race deal. Very nice package for someone who wants a track machine that will likely hold quality resale values years into the future?!

Another huge benefit with this car is the MCS shock system ---- personally many of us think this is one of the absolutely best systems out there. We used them exclusively in our Motorsports Division on Mustangs, Vipers, other machines. Reading the mods you can tell only super top notch upgrades were done on this car!

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Tnx for the props Bill, all true. Most drivers sell their rides because of issues or “it’s not fast enough”. This Boss is not under that kind of history. With all the mods and the moving towards 315 square setup, the car is actually better than its ever been. The sale is do to the fact that I need to walk away from the sport, at least till retirement. I’d love to keep it in storage but financially that doesn’t work for me. Whomever ends up with it is truly not inheriting a ton of headaches. Hopefully I find the right buyer this season. BTW - sale without trailer is negotiable.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Understand and don't be a stranger, many of us would still enjoy you popping in here with your wit and wisdom.

Been in the same situation just a few years back, but now just semi-working , so back to the track!!!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Good to see you posting again but sorry that you have to part ways with your great track-ready Boss LS. I'd buy the car in a heartbeat because it seems like a great deal but since I still work too, I find working on one car more than a handful.

Thanks for the helmet stickers. I'm not putting them on a helmet though. I got some Kona Blue rattle can paint and will be using them on a metal cooler project I started since I can't work on the car right now. I'll share a picture when it's completed.

GLWS

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have been on track with Pete and his LS. For the most part, I can only speak about the back of his car during those sessions. Pete can drive and the car is solid.
I was considering a second Boss when a GT-350R because available. Pete’s car was on my short list. Someone is going to get a great car.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
A sneak peek. Have some finish work to do but this old fashioned metal color is now in Kona Blue and sporting Track Day Solution helmet stickers.
Boss 302 Cooler Project (5).png

PeteInCT

Connecticut
OK - She's still in the garage waiting guys. Lot's of inquiries but no serious contenders. Being in CT doesn't help much. I'm separating the trailer from the deal as it probably is more of a hinderance than anything else. Asking price is $37,500 for one damn fine Boss 302. I have not seen a Boss that was apportioned like mine and in the shape mine is in selling for less.

DFW, TX
OK - She's still in the garage waiting guys. Lot's of inquiries but no serious contenders. Being in CT doesn't help much. I'm separating the trailer from the deal as it probably is more of a hinderance than anything else. Asking price is $37,500 for one damn fine Boss 302. I have not seen a Boss that was apportioned like mine and in the shape mine is in selling for less.
A friend of mine was selling a 69 Shelby, solid car, a driver, not a restored vehicle, at a reasonable price. People kept asking him what was wrong with the car. So he raised the price and it sold! I wish I was in a place to buy a dedicated track car right now. Nice car!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Weather is warming and that should help, plus I completely agree that separating the trailer was a great idea. You might even lower the price a bit more , with the idea of selling the extra set of rims , separately. Over the years I have seen performance vehicles often sell to the buyer who wants all the stuff and thinks he/she will be tracking it, when in reality many do not. Someone on here should jump up soon, but otherwise separating some parts can be used to balance out your total sale, or to entice said. Good luck and someone will probably put a pencil to the mods , if they want them, and realize they could not replace for half the cost!!

Pete, I know your car is "Premo" and track ready for the taking!!! I also know the northeast is not exactly prime ground to sell a race car like yours. Hang in there!!!...You will find a buyer who knows what an opportunity this is and jump on it!!!!!!!

Love the car, looks like a fantastic HPDE / TT ride! Quick question, you mention this is 100% track car, but could it be made legal for the street? Obviously would need to take off the headlight covers, possibly make it pass the smog test as well? Anything else I am missing to make it "Legal". Not trying to make it a DD but driving to my local track (1 hour) would be why I ask. Perhaps someone else would be thinking of this as well. Best of luck with the sale, as many have said, it is a LOT of car for the $$.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I believe he is referring to where it has spent most of it's life ( on the track) and it likely is still legal for the street in many States? Many places do not require emissions testing, and not sure if the cats are off , but he did note that many of the original parts are available at the bottom of his note. Seem to remember that NC has emissions testing in some if not all parts of your State, but could not remember if it is by a computer check on the stock manufacturer's computer or a sniff test? That might be part of your answer? Good luck and am sure Pete will drop in a bit more information?

In reference to 302Bob , there is a huge market for performance vehicles not too far from Pete, as even though I live in far away Nebraska I have sold the bulk of various performance machines in New York , New Jersey, Pennsylvania , etc. Pennsylvania is an especially strong State for cool hot rods, and they even have a very cool law where if you drive a short amount of miles or the car is mainly for show purposes ( which a track car fits right into), you do not have to get an Emissions Test. I know about this from a good client, but do your own due diligence as one never knows if the law has changed and not positive if it is the entire State or just certain counties. So if someone from PA is on TMO and interested that is something to look into. Of course , we will wait to hear from Pete on what he has done in that area, and it may be nothing as not sure if he still has cats or not, though he mentioned the motor is stock.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel