The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Event to Benefit Flood Victims !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Raceway Park of the Midlands was under 10 ft of water on Monday, and the track may not be open again this year. Many of us race with the Central Region of NASA and they had an event scheduled for April 13-14 for RPM, so obviously that race/HPDE weekend will not occur! Through some adept and kind schedule rearrangements , George Anderson , Mgr. of Motorsports Park Hastings, has assisted so that the Central Region can run this event on the same weekend!!! Okay, TMO track addicts , what a golden opportunity to get some track time at Hastings prior to the Mustang Roundup in September. The plus is that there will be some things done during the event to assist flood victims and with RPM under water your track activities have been limited for 2019. Let's support the Central Region of NASA as well as MPH, and have a huge Mustang turnout! Key, key, key, if you are going but you are not an NASA member ( required ) , you must call me at 402-677-5864. Don't ask why , just call me , but if you are competitive , this could help you get a second or two on your competition at the Roundup and we all know the fastest way to get more speed at a track is SEAT-TIME!

Go to nasaproracing.com to sign up and you can also email me at [email protected]

Huge opportunity and one of two tracks fairly close to those in Kansas, Missouri, S. Dakota, Iowa, Colorado, etc.

Good to see MPH wasn't impacted with flood water.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
They are quite a distance from the main flooding , though the North Platte river is about 14 miles North of them ( going west to east), so not a concern - thanks for asking! They are also about 2 miles to the West of Omaha , and the Eastern Part of the State is where the devastation is occurring.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
As you know, I'll be in Pueblo with NASA Rocky Mountain on the same dates but I wish you luck and hope you raise to monies to save RPM.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
To be honest the funds will go to flood victims and not to the track ( RPM). MPH wants to help NASA, PCA, and others who will have to cancel their events ,and with George's Schedule quite full, he has been pulling rabbits out of his hat to help Midwestern race groups. NASA lost two days at RPM with the flooding, and George helped their schedule get one back. Hope we get plenty of folks to come to this event to support the Central Region of NASA and get track time prior to the Mustang Roundup. I will be there and happy to tell folks a couple of secrets about the track!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
For those of you that maybe have not been to MPH, or have not been to the Mustang Roundup for a couple of years , there are now garages to rent, besides space under the large canopy in the paddock ( also for rent). Good way to stay out of the weather during the event and something that was not there some years back.

Again, go to nasaproracing, select Central Region and register. You will have to join NASA ( only 45 bucks ), and do call me if you come and you are not already a member? There will be a couple of us who have run this track numerous times and we can give you pointers so you will be more than ready to run the Mustang Roundup in September!!

Bill Pemberton 402--677-5864

Seriously do not fail to call my cell if you are not a NASA member and you want to go??? Plus ,those with any questions , also, this is my work cell, so no worries , Woodhouse Auto Family pays for it!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Whoops , forgot to mention, since folks have noticed there is a large stretch of Interstate 29 closed , yet if you are coming from the East , you will likely use I-70 or Interstate 80 to get to Hastings. If coming from the North I can tell you what roads are open, but there is basically no issue for 90% of you in getting to the track --- it is not near the flooding! From the South or West there really is no concern at all.

Love to see some of you at the NASA event , might have to buy you a beer to thank you for coming!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors