The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track goals for 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racered302 said:
1. Track my car for the 1st time.
2. Make sure it's this year.
3. Don't let anything deter me from doing it.
4. Have fun
5. Come home with the car in one piece, parts in trunk doesn't count

I reference to #5 I think I'll be OK, I drive pretty hard when it's safe on the narrow back roads around here but only when long range visibility allows it.

Once you do it you will ask yourself why you waited so long...then, if you're like me, you will be skipping meals to afford more track days! lol

I think everyone will agree that no matter how hard you drive on the roads, it doesn't come close to the track once your comfortable. You shouldn't brake much on the boss. I had only ever drag raced before I got the boss and ended up doing 9 or 10 events last year with no issues (other than phantom CEL's & lots of brakes and tires) Have fun this year!

1. Drive car home after each event
2. Attend at least 10 track events and/or 20 days
3. At least 2 new track - likely VIR & Summit Point
4. Qualify for Solo-Advanced (multiple clubs)
5. Build ChumpCar and get some wheel-to-wheel expereince

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel