The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Guys at Barber Motorsports Park - February 16 and 17 Date Corrected

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got this in the (e) mail. Would love to drive Barber but I think that will be next year for me. If you are near there go and have a great time. These guys are great with people new to the track, you will learn a lot in a very safe environment.

Subject: Drivers Needed, Discounted Registration Still Available

Greetings from Track Guys!

We now have registration open for our first two events of 2013 – the February 16 & 17 event at Barber Motorsports Park and the April 6 & 7 event at Texas World Speedway.

If you hurry, you can still get a 10% discount for the Barber Motorsports Park event, but you MUST sign up before midnight on January 15, that is TUESDAY. You have until the end of January to get the 10% discount for the TWS event.

About Barber: people have been asking for us to expand our schedule and Barber is a track that kept showing up on the “wish list” for our events – and it's very difficult to get a date at this popular track. We'd love to bring our unique brand of performance driver's education to Barber, but we simply need more participants – both student drivers and instructors. We need your help in spreading the word about our Feb 16 & 17 event at Barber.

PLEASE forward this email to everyone you know that may be interested in driving with us at Barber. Keep in mind, we also have our Track Guys Test Drive available for this event - $50 for Saturday AM classroom sessions and a special, “Test Drive” group at 1 PM on Saturday. Of course, we still have plenty of room on the Beginner and Novice run groups.

The bottom line: if we don't get more drivers and instructors registered for the Barber event before January 31st, we may have to cancel the event. Yes, everyone that has registered will get a refund, but we will miss out on having a date at this incredible facility in 2013. So this is why we need EVERYONE'S help in spreading the word about this event.

If you have already registered for our events, thank you. If you are still thinking about signing up, please do so as soon as you are able (so you can receive the early-bird discount). Please forward this email to everyone on your list who might be interested in joining us at Barber and/or Texas World Speedway.

Online resources:

Track Guys website: http://www.trackguys.com

Online Registration: http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TrackGuys

Thank you in advance... and see you on track!

Jeff Lacina

Owner / Lead Instructors

Dell Hughes

Business Manager / Event Registrar

Jonathan Blevins

Chief of Safety & Tech

GA
I live about 2 1/2 hours from Barber. I want to do the event with Rezoom Motorsports on March 23-24. I also want to do their event at VIR on May 31 and then slide down to CMP on June 1-2. I have never done an event with Rezoom or Track Guys but I hear good things about both.

The latest count is 14 mustangs -- 7 of them BOSS 302. That's more mustangs than I have ever seen at a track day at Barber. But... There are only 35 registrants. Dont know how many they need to hold the event; but most clubs have about 75. If you're interested please sign up!

GA
I'll think about this one versus ReZoom. I just worry about the weather in February - it ruined my Road Atlanta weekend last February. It still has the potential to get too cold for summer tires.

YellowJacketBoss302 said:
Dont know how many they need to hold the event

Good question but I have no idea. Here is the latest, looks like it is still on. There is a contact email to ask just in case anything has changed.

There is still time to register for our first event at Barber Motorsports Park. We have extended the 10% discount until Friday, Feb 1st at Midnight Central Time.

Barber has just finished work on the track which has included making the racing surface smoother with more grip, but easier on tire wear. New curbing and widening of the track. It is now faster then it was before.

Go to www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com to sign up for this event and drive on one of two tracks in America certified for F1 testing and be some of the first to drive on the imporved Barber Motorsports Park.

If you have any questions please email me at [email protected].

Thanks and see you on track

Dell R. Hughes

Track Guys Performance Driving Events

Unreal.... More than a little surprised there aren't more people interested in running at what many consider to be one of the best road courses in North America. I was REALLY looking forward to this event.

Georgia
Z20WHAT said:
Unreal.... More than a little surprised there aren't more people interested in running at what many consider to be one of the best road courses in North America. I was REALLY looking forward to this event.

I agree 100%. I have driven on this track with my SVO and it is a blast. I would love to see how the Boss handles the twisties.

The problem for me was simply timing, I am still recovering from two cracked ribs sufferd on New Years eve (unfortunately alcohol was not involved) and I have difficulty making hard turns.

Hopefully they will try again later this year...

GA
There still might be some spots left at the Rezoom Event March 23--24:
http://www.rezoommotorsports.com/events.html

Come keep my Mustang company! It is a Eurofest! :D

There seem to be a lot of groups trying to organize track events these days and with the economy the way it is there are only so many registrants to go around.

TMO Supporting Vendors