The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

track key changes warranty ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meh... Old news. Nothing to worry about. It'll only effect engine warranty, that's if damage is proven to be caused by the track key tune.

Tucson302 said:
And if TK IS proven to cause damage it's warrantied by Ford Racing who developed the tune

:eek: So you might as well just get an AED tune? Wow. I thought FRPP was actually making good by us so far. Unless the only major problems thus far are cylinder 8 related which is obviously not FRPP's problem?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
WinterSucks said:
:eek: So you might as well just get an AED tune? Wow. I thought FRPP was actually making good by us so far. Unless the only major problems thus far are cylinder 8 related which is obviously not FRPP's problem?

I think you read that wrong, I'm saying that if an engine problem is in fact caused by TK tune, Ford Racing then steps in with there warranty that came with the TK tune. I'm not aware of any TK related engine failures. I ran it for over a year on track with no issues, but now using an AED tune which is far superior!

Tucson302 said:
I think you read that wrong, I'm saying that if an engine problem is in fact caused by TK tune, Ford Racing then steps in with there warranty that came with the TK tune. I'm not aware of any TK related engine failures. I ran it for over a year on track with no issues, but now using an AED tune which is far superior!

Not sure how I misread that. My eyes jump around mid-sentence sometimes.

TMO Supporting Vendors