The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Key for the 2014 GT's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it's the equivalent of Ford selling a GT with staggered tires. Same rough idea, radically different results. The GT TK's limits must be more strict due to the differences in the internals.

Overall... get ready to feel inferior! Rumored specs of the 2015+ will be putting the Boss to shame in more ways than one. Still keeping mine and enjoying it whether staring at it in the drive, pushing it in the twisties, or looking at pics while it's in hibernation. It's a BOSS... 'there is no substitute...'

Brandon302 said:
Though I feel like I devolved the conversation from the original question of the post, I really hate when someone just gives up and says, "Oh no, lets stop arguing." The point has been made about the Track Key, now I am wondering why people are getting so worked up because it seems like the Boss was somewhat of a gimick. I love my gimick but I want someone to explain in there words why the Boss is special rather then just the parts that are in it, since those aren't entirely so special IMO, and if they are then I would like to know why.

If you haven't, read this book: 'Mustang Boss 302 - From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car, Donald Farr, ISBN-13: 978-0-7603-4141-4.

If you don't get it after that, sell it and mod out your GT - it's not too late. There are people out there who want a Boss not a GT. It's part emotion!

The 12/13 Boss is the best performing, best handling, naturally aspirated stock Mustang ever. And less 'pretentious' and more daily-drivable than a GT500 IMO.

I have to agree with the track-ready short-comings. I knew going in that wasn't for me. The heritage and bang for the buck would have still sold me even if I wasn't in love with the concept of the 12/13 Boss already.

I think we've covered everything that needs to be said in this thread so we're going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel