The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Key Installation and Pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnyvale Ford can do track key. They just installed mine. Chris in parts knows how to order the package (there was some confusion at first) and have Jesus in service set it up.

My little brother, who has never shown any interest in sports cars, took me to pick it up. I started the car and let it idle to warm up, and my bro was all I don't get it, it just sounds like a car. Then I blipped the throttle to start the track key idle, and he just started smiling and giggling and asked for a ride. He has never asked for a ride in any of the fun cars I have had before. It was pretty funny.

The crackles on engine braking are the best part. I have 9/16 holes in the baffles, going to take them out next time I drive the car. It is a totally different attitude now, like a proper muscle car. Best mod I have ever done.

CaliMR said:
The crackles on engine braking are the best part. I have 9/16 holes in the baffles, going to take them out next time I drive the car. It is a totally different attitude now, like a proper muscle car. Best mod I have ever done.
I like the engine brake popping a lot more than the lopey idle. Let's face it, it's much more fun driving than sitting idle. ;)

If wide open is too loud for you try the 7/8" discs. I have tried 1/2, 3/4, and 7/8 which is my favorite. I'm going to drop the discs for my next track day at TH.

Actually now that I think about it, they might be 7/8. I was going back and forth on what size to do and went with the bigger one.

I had them out for a while and the jake brake noise was annoying so I put them back in. Will have to test it out again. When are you going to THill? I found a big list of various clubs' days there but most of them conflict with work.

CaliMR said:
Actually now that I think about it, they might be 7/8. I was going back and forth on what size to do and went with the bigger one.

I had them out for a while and the jake brake noise was annoying so I put them back in. Will have to test it out again. When are you going to THill? I found a big list of various clubs' days there but most of them conflict with work.
3/18 with HOD.

I have been trying to set that one up, it still had space last I checked. I'm on call that weekend so need to find someone to take the pager.

TMO Supporting Vendors