The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

track key vouchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know if any dealers have the track key voucher in their inventory. I would like to get it for my '12 Boss. Thanks for any help/info.

From what I've read, Ford is no longer offering the Track Key vouchers for purchase....the program from what I understand was discontinued. I believe it had something to do with new Ford software that was not compatible with the Track Key program. That being said, there is a thread on SVT Performance about a new Boss owner who contacted Ford and was told it could still be installed but you had to send the computher to Ford to have it installed. The original poster of that thread said he took his car to a local dealer...they removed the computer and sent it to Ford who in turn loaded the program and overnighted the computer back. I don't know if the cost for this was the same as the voucher to begin with or not.

i know someone local who purchased a used Boss and when he found that it didn't have the Track Key program installed he went back to the dealer to have it done....he wasn't so lucky, but then again he isn't very personable or patient. Best bet, contact your local dealer and see what they can do. Good Luck !!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1123879-Trackey-Update

This is the thread on SVT Performance....if it doesn't work, just look under the Boss 302 section....its only a few posts down.

Bay Area
redkey1651 said:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1123879-Trackey-Update

This is the thread on SVT Performance....if it doesn't work, just look under the Boss 302 section....its only a few posts down.

Hence, the KEYWORD is TRACK KEY VOUCHER. Not TK voucher no flashy. There are dealers in the US that still have it in their system and don't even know it.

OP - message me. If a dealer got a Boss they should have had a TK voucher. I didn't buy mine from my dealer and they might have one. It's a long shot but worth a try.

No offense, but I know it's a TRACK KEY VOUCHER....I've purchased 2 for both of my Bosses and had the computer flashed with the correct program. If you read the post that I linked to it explains what has happened in regards to the program and the vouchers. A dealer may indeed have a voucher they don't know about or even remember having, but the dealer can't install the program, it has to be flashed by Ford....again as the post I linked to clearly explains. Please don't think because I didn't use the right verbiage that I don't know what I'm talking about

Bay Area
redkey1651 said:
No offense, but I know it's a TRACK KEY VOUCHER....I've purchased 2 for both of my Bosses and had the computer flashed with the correct program. If you read the post that I linked to it explains what has happened in regards to the program and the vouchers. A dealer may indeed have a voucher they don't know about or even remember having, but the dealer can't install the program, it has to be flashed by Ford....again as the post I linked to clearly explains. Please don't think because I didn't use the right verbiage that I don't know what I'm talking about

No worries, definitely not offended, but since we have a new Boss owner OR I assume new owner, since he/she is looking for an obsolete part I'd just like to help the person out as much as possible without getting hopes too high.
BUT--- I would think there should be a voucher for every Boss. Just gotta find it.

Thank you, guys, for your replies and advice. I've had my 2012 since December of '11 but never thought it (track key) would be discontinued so soon. I would like to think that it's (voucher) available/in-stock on some dealers parts shelf but who knows. I will check with the dealer that I bought mine from and go from there.
I should have got it early but time flies. It's a neat and unique feature the Boss can boast about!!!!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
BOSS2664 said:
Thank you, guys, for your replies and advice. I've had my 2012 since December of '11 but never thought it (track key) would be discontinued so soon. I would like to think that it's (voucher) available/in-stock on some dealers parts shelf but who knows. I will check with the dealer that I bought mine from and go from there.
I should have got it early but time flies. It's a neat and unique feature the Boss can boast about!!!!

Yes, I have to agree TracKey is a Boss 302 OEM option that is just nice to have.

2HP

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
BOSS2664 said:
Does anyone know if any dealers have the track key voucher in their inventory. I would like to get it for my '12 Boss. Thanks for any help/info.

Still listed here:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-14204-MBTKA

...and here:
http://www.royaloakfordparts.com/OEMParts/ford-123/M/M14204MBTKA.html

Good luck!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel