The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

track key warranty concern

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98RedGT

2012 #552
jeepinocala said:
This sema show announcement should be interesting i think everyone should wait untill it is done they did say in the first announcement it will not change the warrantee so that is in writting to change that would be a touchy thing for ford I would not worrie and besides the mustang has always been one hell of a tough vehicle and this one being built this way I have not a single worrie.

+1

This is posted in http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/trackey-has-arrived-ford-s-email-all-ford-lincoln-dealers-501292/index6/#post6165738

Hello my awesome members!!

So, great news about the TracKey coming out!! Now, to clarify on the warranty questions… This will be like any other FRPP aftermarket part that you add to your vehicle with one exeption; the repairs will be covered longer than 12/12. The 5 yr/60K mile Powertrain warranty will stay in effect.

If the the TracKey programming causes any concern, that specific repair will be covered for 3yrs or 36,000 miles. This is great coverage for an aftermarket part on your vehicle. If you have any ESP, the same rules will apply.

Let me also mention the fuel changes: You’ll be using 91 octane fuel or higher to avoid any engine damage. Please note: damage caused by low octane fuel will not be covered under the Ford Racing limited warranty.

Please continue to enjoy your Bosses!!! If you guys ever need anything, just PM me. Have an awesome day!!

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordCustService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Last edited by FordCustomerService; Today at 9:53 AM

Originally Posted by TheBlues9108
Deysha,

If TracKey has been installed on my Boss and the troublesome T-86 transmission fails at 41,000 miles will my transmission be covered 100% by FMC warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlues9108

Deysha,

If TracKey has been installed on my Boss and the troublesome T-86 transmission fails at 41,000 miles will my transmission be covered 100% by FMC warranty?

I would honestly be guessing if I answered that question, TheBlues9108. If you do experience any concerns and have questions on what repairs will be covered as they come up, the dealership will be the one to answer that since they will have to diagnose the cause.

Deysha

TheBlues9108, Please stop posting the same emails and data over and over again. I'll be deleting any further re-posts.

5 DOT 0 said:
TheBlues9108, Please stop posting the same emails and data over and over again. I'll be deleting any further re-posts.

I sorry if you feel I am posting the same data. I have been using the same data but only to answer questions that are asked in other subjects i.e. track key warranty concern; TracKey Has Arrived - Ford’s Email to All Ford and Lincoln Dealers and others.

I was answering this questions with the above post. Sorry I do not quote it.

jeepinocala

[youtube] Re: track key warranty concern
« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:45:10 PM » Quote [/youtube]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FMC first press release about TracKey was on 11 Nov 2010. In that press release it stated “without compromising factory warranty”

Do you or anyone else have a copy of this?

Re: track key part #

5 DOT 0 said:
jas427 said:
Just thought some of you might want the part # for the program. This is located on the Ford Site. GET IT !!!
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13484
Thanks for posting I hadn't seen that. This is new to me:

"Driver adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control"

How does that work? Maybe they should have included an instruction sheet

TheBlues9108 said:
i just received this email:

Hi Warren,

The Trackey calibration will be available for purchase and installation beginning on November 2, 2011. Dealers will have all the necessary information on how to obtain the calibration, install the calibration, etc. Dealer will recieve the information on Trackey the week of 10/24/2011.

The delay in getting CARB approval was due to their concerns with the misfire monitor portion of the OBD II regulations. Specifically they were concerned that the midfire monitor would not be able to detect a misfire when Trackey was enabled. Ford had to prove that the misfire monitor was robust in detecting a misfire per OBD II requirements.

TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 or Laguna Seca by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern. Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

I hope this addresses your concerns. Have a good day!

Sincerely,
Mary Anne
Ford Motor Company
North American Customer Relationship Center
Does this mean, if I install TK after I've owned my Boss for 2 years. I would only get a TK warranty for 1 year. What about if you have 37,000 miles on your BOSS and then choose to install TK, Will you have no warranty upon being installed. You need a law degree to have the truth.....LOL

boss man said:
TheBlues9108 said:
i just received this email:

Hi Warren,

The Trackey calibration will be available for purchase and installation beginning on November 2, 2011. Dealers will have all the necessary information on how to obtain the calibration, install the calibration, etc. Dealer will recieve the information on Trackey the week of 10/24/2011.

The delay in getting CARB approval was due to their concerns with the misfire monitor portion of the OBD II regulations. Specifically they were concerned that the midfire monitor would not be able to detect a misfire when Trackey was enabled. Ford had to prove that the misfire monitor was robust in detecting a misfire per OBD II requirements.

TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 or Laguna Seca by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern. Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

I hope this addresses your concerns. Have a good day!

Sincerely,
Mary Anne
Ford Motor Company
North American Customer Relationship Center
Does this mean, if I install TK after I've owned my Boss for 2 years. I would only get a TK warranty for 1 year. What about if you have 37,000 miles on your BOSS and then choose to install TK, Will you have no warranty upon being installed. You need a law degree to have the truth.....LOL

Yes, you have read Mary Anna’s email correctly; 3 years 36,000 miles from date of delivery of your Boss not the date of installation of TracKey. She says in her email: “All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.”

This was the first I had read about TracKey affecting all engine and suspension parts. All of these issues should have been address by FMC to their dealerships and passed on to the consumer prior to ordering and/or purchasing a 2012 Boss.

FMC should have had a Memoranda of Agreement (MOA) covering the entire TracKey program prior to your purchase of a 2012 Boss. I am curious if they will the TracKey on the 2013 Boss.

If and when there becomes a failure due to the instillation of TracKey the litany will be heard loud and clear.

I am sure FMC monitors all the Mustang and Boss forums but there has not been one to post on the Boss Mustang Online. However, Deysha does monitor The Mustang Source http://themustangsource.com; she is very good about answering your questions. You can also contact her at the information below:

Hey I have an idea for these complaints how about everyone just do something else besides screw it up for us before we even get the program in our cars ;D
You bought a race type car 3 years 36,000 warrantee where else can you get this? MAN UP! stop the crying ;D

jeepinocala said:
Hey I have an idea for these complaints how about everyone just do something else besides screw it up for us before we even get the program in our cars ;D
You bought a race type car 3 years 36,000 warrantee where else can you get this? MAN UP! stop the crying ;D

Jeepinocala,

Boss Man asked me a questioned, not you, and I answered his question.

Each of us purchased a Boss for many different reasons. I did not purchase a “race type car” I purchased a daily driver with a full factory warranty.

I do not appreciate your sarcasm; I have not screwed up TracKey for you or anyone else. CARB has approved TracKey and FRP part number for TracKey is - M-14204-MBTKA.

Order It; Installed It and Enjoy It.

Just received this email from Ford Racing.

Thank you for subscribing to receive TracKey updates. As promised, the announcement at the SEMA show will provide additional details regarding TracKey availability. We wanted to share the details with you first, so here are a few of the key points you will read about later today:
• TracKey goes on sale today, Nov 1, 2011
• TracKey is available through Ford and Lincoln dealers
• TracKey is an exclusive aftermarket offering for 2012 Mustang BOSS 302 and Laguna Seca owners
• TracKey aftermarket calibration is 50-state emissions legal
• TracKey comes with a "best-in-the-aftermarket industry" 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, and its installation and usage does not void the original OE warrantyFor the official press release, please visit www.trackey.ford.com

Just got off the phone with my dealer (Long McArthur in Salina Ks.) and they said there is no effect on the extended warranty I purchased. Just one more data point....

-Pete

as per almost all communication the only way it affects original warranty is if another part is broken by its use. Then the coverage is for 3/36 not the full 5/60. I already dropped mine off for installatioin, I figure if it lasts the 3/36 then any breakage after that is from use not bad programming.

TMO Supporting Vendors