The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Key

Got my track key activated this weekend,now it runs like the ones at the Boss Track Attack school.I love it,next theplates in the side exaust are coming out to see how that sounds.I think the police around here will not like that.We will see if they have a problem with it,may have to put them back in.
 

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
1,241
70
Plinker said:
Got my track key activated this weekend,now it runs like the ones at the Boss Track Attack school.I love it,next theplates in the side exaust are coming out to see how that sounds.I think the police around here will not like that.We will see if they have a problem with it,may have to put them back in.

3/4" disks (need to drop a paypal to Justin for letting me try his...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOCLCV4Vs8&feature=plcp
 
ace72ace said:
Plinker said:
Got my track key activated this weekend,now it runs like the ones at the Boss Track Attack school.I love it,next theplates in the side exaust are coming out to see how that sounds.I think the police around here will not like that.We will see if they have a problem with it,may have to put them back in.

3/4" disks (need to drop a paypal to Justin for letting me try his...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOCLCV4Vs8&feature=plcp

Where did you get the rear tail lights? Are those the same ones that come on the 2013 Boss?
 

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
1,241
70
badasbullitt said:
ace72ace said:
Plinker said:
Got my track key activated this weekend,now it runs like the ones at the Boss Track Attack school.I love it,next theplates in the side exaust are coming out to see how that sounds.I think the police around here will not like that.We will see if they have a problem with it,may have to put them back in.

3/4" disks (need to drop a paypal to Justin for letting me try his...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOCLCV4Vs8&feature=plcp

Where did you get the rear tail lights? Are those the same ones that come on the 2013 Boss?

Um, the tail lights are stock on my 2013 Boss... so yeah, they are the same ones. ;)
 
I leave em out, My old 03 Cobra with O/R X pipe With Flows......(and a kenne bell with 18 psi) and it wayyyyyyy louder than this car ever thought of being. Got pulled over for exp inspection once... The officer said he noticed the car cause it sounded so freaking good.

Might just be a Texas thing though :)
 
ace72ace said:
badasbullitt said:
ace72ace said:
Plinker said:
Got my track key activated this weekend,now it runs like the ones at the Boss Track Attack school.I love it,next theplates in the side exaust are coming out to see how that sounds.I think the police around here will not like that.We will see if they have a problem with it,may have to put them back in.

3/4" disks (need to drop a paypal to Justin for letting me try his...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOCLCV4Vs8&feature=plcp

Where did you get the rear tail lights? Are those the same ones that come on the 2013 Boss?

Um, the tail lights are stock on my 2013 Boss... so yeah, they are the same ones. ;)

my bad...I thought that was a CO 2012 with mods. It's amazing how the colors change when photographing. I really like the taillights better than 2012. Hope someone designs them for the 2012.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
badasbullitt said:
my bad...I thought that was a CO 2012 with mods. It's amazing how the colors change when photographing. I really like the taillights better than 2012. Hope someone designs them for the 2012.
Me and you both :)
 
The launch control is set at 1900 RPM's,at launch the car dies down when you pop the clutch,I'm going to set it at 3000 RPM's and try that.I don't know if there is a problem with the instal or just the RPM setting.
 
I haven't played with Launch control yet, but 1900 RPM sounds way to low to launch at... I would bump it up to 3000 or even 4000 (4500 is the sweet spot from what I understand).

Some have said that the RPM setting in launch control also transfers over to the RPM range when your not using Launch Control. But I don't think its been proven yet...
ie: if your Launch Control RPM is low, then the car lugs when starting in 1st during normal driving, but if its higher, then it the car drives fine...

Anyone confirm this?
 
If your using the red key the launch control is always on,you have to set it where you like it best.Mine is set to low,the paper work that came with the track key say's there set at 2900 RPM's,but mine is set at 1900 RPM's.the tech. that installed it must have set it there.I've only tried it 2 times,both times it would only rev to 1900 RPM's,and it died down before it took off.
 
TracKey with open side pipes is the only way to go. The police around here just look and smile.
Launch Control? It's great to experiment. I've got mine set on 2800 and I just release it quick instead of side-stepping. Works nice.
 
Set the launch control at 2900 RPM'S,now it smokes the tires when you pop the clutch.Nothing wrong with the launch control.She went over to 7000 so fast I had to hit 2nd gear and it smoked the tires again.Need a pair of slicks if I'm going to drag race.
 
I haven't tried this yet, because its been raining here, so I dont' want to take the BOSS out in the rain, but when driving with the TrackKey, does the RPM setting on Launch control have any effect on normal driving? Especially starting in First or second gear? The Regular Key doesn't seem to "almost die or to need more gas to get the car going under normal driving", but the TrackKey seems to require much more throttle to get the car going or it almost dies starting in first or second gear from a stop under normal driving conditions..

Anyone else notice this? Or am I simply trying to save the clutch to much?

Its almost like the difference between a 2 stroke Motorcycle and a 4 stroke... 2 stroke requires much higher revs to get rolling, while a 4 stroke just goes as long as there is a little throttle being used.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top