The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

track key

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What rpm does best with the launch control? Mine was set at 2100 when the program was installed. I would think it needs to be higher.
Also, do totally drop the clutch, or ease off of it when launching?
Thanks

Trial and error will tell you. It can change after a few passes, a temp change, sun setting etc. I have tried it when track conditions are bad and have no traction even at 2300. I have seen other times when it hooks and bogs at 3000.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The instructors at track attack said not to dump it, to let it out "normally" until it starts to bite, THEN pop it the rest of the way.

I'm thinking this is to limit shock to the drivetrain by having the components pre-loaded when you really pour on the power. Probably don't want anyone grenading T2s if sticky tires go on.

TMO Supporting Vendors