The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track key

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich_S said:
IMO, if it was going to cause a problem, it would probably happen during the first 3/36 (or even sooner).

I think so as well. That's one reason I am getting mine installed tomorrow at 23,000+ miles. I'd like to get any failures out of the way inside of warranty ! ;)

I have purchased the track key program packet from a local dealer but am currently looking for one that can install it.(a dealer that has done track keys before).

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
maddog, where are you? Someone here may be able to help, if we knew where you want to get the programming done.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Well, I can't help you, I am about as far from you as possible and still be in the U.S. I am sure someone closer can lend some assistance. I am sure you will enjoy the extras the Red Key provides. I know I do.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Maddog - The process to install TK is very straightforward, any Ford trained master tech can do it. I don't think you need to worr about which Ford dealer does the download into your PCM. Did your dealer say they were uncomfortable doing it?

The dealer that I bought the track key from says the computer that they have done the track keys on before is down so they cant do it. I have contacted two other dealers that have done them and have the windows XP to do so. Now its just a mater of finding a conveniant time to get it done. Its raining a lot hear in seattle right now so I am not in too much of a hurry but I do want to get it done.

TMO Supporting Vendors