The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Pack And R Model Rear Axle Cooler Pump Harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just shipped it to a Customer (Pre-Production)but it allows you to operate the rear axle cooler pump so when you change the fluid you can follow Fords procedure and manually operate it for 2 minutes then recheck the level. No scanner needed, simple three wire basic plug and play. Harness allows you to run pump from rear of car. This will also let you flush the cooler circuit so you get all the old fluid out. No tricking the PCM or setting codes.
https://www.facebook.com/optimumperformanceparts/photos/a.526478654197284.1073741828.508416976003452/584758475035968/?type=3&theater

Nice. How much and when will it be available?

This one has about a 25' cable with a relay so there are more parts involved. I may do a budget one to include with our kits. I have not priced them yet, I actually came up with it in about 4 hours yesterday after 3 months of trying to figure out how to write instructions for our BG Fluid Shelby Kits. The non cooler car kits are very similiar to our standard Mustang kits.

I just need to source the production pieces and build them. I should have an answer over the weekend.

mattlqx

Mustangless
So what's the story on this? It's on your website but not purchasable?

What's the method for this otherwise? Shorting out a few wires on the terminal block where the relay goes? I don't really care about codes, I can easily reset them.

Working on it, a customer has another prototype, should have more feedback soon, and get them in production. Working on multiple S550 products all at the same time and I lost 2 weeks sitting in Austria. Yes it uses the factory power to run the pump but our harness allows you to be at the rear of the car to operate it so flushing / filling and topping off level. We had to write off our first harness because USPS seems to have lost it.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
Another interested potential customer subscribing. Please keep us posted.

Sucks about USPS. I think they had a bicycle team once. Guess they lost them too.

You could also buy a spare differential temp sensor and plug it into the harness and use a hair dryer or heat gun or submerge the sensor in hot water to activate the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
@tim There are many of us tech package owners that are planning to retrofit the track/R rear differential cooler/pump onto the car. All the parts physically bolt into place, but unfortunately the main harness of the car does not have the connection that goes to the pump. If you are creating a harness that allows manual operation of the pump this may be the exact solution that many are hoping for. All of our vehicles have the relay for the differential pump, just not the wiring and CANBUS operation.

If you are on the fence about development you do have a larger market at hand, and I for one would be very interested in testing it out.

50Deep said:
@tim There are many of us tech package owners that are planning to retrofit the track/R rear differential cooler/pump onto the car. All the parts physically bolt into place, but unfortunately the main harness of the car does not have the connection that goes to the pump. If you are creating a harness that allows manual operation of the pump this may be the exact solution that many are hoping for. All of our vehicles have the relay for the differential pump, just not the wiring and CANBUS operation.

If you are on the fence about development you do have a larger market at hand, and I for one would be very interested in testing it out.

Yeah, I have sent the info on wiring the factory pump to several owners to help them. The information is vague to say the least. Tech Packs have the relay to drive the pump installed but not seeing one in person I don't know where the wiring goes to. The pump could be hardwired to run but it you would need to supply wiring to it. Not in front of my info but the pump does have a CanBus and speed input connection IIRC. This is what may be preventing people from operating it.

This harness was just for existing Track Pack R's to service the vehicle and manually operate the pump, not to install it. We kind of dropped the idea because the PID's are readily available to run it through an app or scanner now. I also believe you can cycle the pump with just the ignition switch but again, not having my hands on a car I can not confirm this.

In the V6L
tim said:
...We kind of dropped the idea because the PID's are readily available to run it through an app or scanner now. I also believe you can cycle the pump with just the ignition switch but again, not having my hands on a car I can not confirm this.

For folks who don't have IDS and VCM II, what are the apps and plug-ins that will run the pump? I have IDS and VCM II, so I know how it works with them, but I thought that regular consumer-level scan tools could only read PID's, but that the couldn't take control of them and force the vehicle to respond. Which non-Ford tools can? And what's with the ignition switch? Is there a diagnostic mode there somewhere?

TMO Supporting Vendors