The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track pad recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I ran 7 25 minute sessions at Watkins Glen with the XP24 CTGT500 pads up front, they are worn less than 50% from new. Rotors are still perfect no ridge developed which has been typical with my use of any CT pads. The rotors heat check and when I ran drilled DBAs they would crack but no real wear. The 24 compound is brand new as is the GT500 pad shape for my 15" setup, I am a Carbotech fan boy so Nick at KNS worked hard for me to get the pad shape and told me they would do the 24 compound on them so I jumped. Gonna order a new set of each to back me up for Summit and Lime Rock in October. Honestly I figure 4 track days per pad set and 8 days per rotor set is average lifespan for my driving style. I am borderline intermediate/advanced level driver.
Steve

Reporting back.

I really enjoyed my first track day with track-ey pads. I had Pagid RS29 (F) and RS56 (R) pads in my Track Pack GT with Pilot Super Sports.

Compared to the OEM pads, the Pagid pads had more stopping power and didn't seem to change much throughout the day. I hit anti-lock much more often than before, but not *too* often I don't think.

It was *much* nicer to be able to drive without worrying at all about my brakes. Not to be corny, but it made a better driver.

So, we'll see how long they last. If they last at least one track day longer than Carbotech's would have then I'll be satisfied with the cost/benefit ratio.

Also, I was surprised to see my accelerometer showed an all-time high deceleration of 1.33 g.

I think my previous high was more like 1.05 g.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel