The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Pads for First HPDE?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Erlanger, KY
Thank you all for the suggestions! I ended up going with Gloc R12 in the front and R10 in the rear. They performed flawlessly! I could smell the brakes a couple times while on track so they definitely got hot, but no issues. Swapping them back to street pads and new rotors this weekend. I’m curious how the pads look. Hopefully no cracking or delamination on the pads as I’ve seen in some other posts.
This was a helpful result. That I you for posting.

I have run stock brakes for 4 days at Mid-Ohio and am about to remove and inspect thickness for a possible day on 9/27 and then 2 days at NCM 10/2-3 and I don’t want to run out of pad. I was considering replacing the pads just for the upcoming days. To another poster’s point, the stock 350R FP brakes are great! No fade at all after repeated 140 to 60 mph slowdowns.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
One thing I do suggest to all is get your G-Locs pre-bedded as it seems one always needs to slap a pair on at the track and doing a proper bedding is out of the cards. The other situation is doing a correct bedding for almost any pads can be a tough situation for many with time constraints or traffic conditions - just my humble opinion.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
One thing I do suggest to all is get your G-Locs pre-bedded as it seems one always needs to slap a pair on at the track and doing a proper bedding is out of the cards. The other situation is doing a correct bedding for almost any pads can be a tough situation for many with time constraints or traffic conditions - just my humble opinion.
I agree, and forum sponsor OP Mustang usually has what I need and all R compounds he carries are pre-bedded.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel