The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Record?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, great calm, smooth move at the start to avoid the wreck. Loved the video and my only criticizm is you didn't post it sooner -- screw the Olympics , I can watch Drew rip up the desert in Cali 4 knee yuh!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Forgot to ask , are you running on the old Toyo R1s or are you guys now out there with the new Toyo RRs? Wondering , as I know they can go away on warm days even on the Miatas, so nice to get info on how they hold up on a heavier car. Believe you are still running on the those tiny little 275s , correct?

Oh shiznit is right that was close! Do you have a preference of CCW or CW at CVR?

Bill Pemberton said:
Forgot to ask , are you running on the old Toyo R1s or are you guys now out there with the new Toyo RRs? Wondering , as I know they can go away on warm days even on the Miatas, so nice to get info on how they hold up on a heavier car. Believe you are still running on the those tiny little 275s , correct?

The RRs go away on warm days? Great, sounds like a great tire for Texas. :mad:
We start with the RRs in Cresson next month, I'll be interested to see how they perform. The SI cars ran them last month with us in Houston and were running mostly in the front of the AI pack.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Hi Guys:

I was running Pirelli P-Zero slick take offs, 305/645-18. They are closer in size to a 285 tire. They were toast by that final race where the M3 nearly collected me.

I think I prefer CCW on Chuckwalla, it seems a little faster; but either way is fun!

--Drew

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel