The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track report: VIR full course PCA Potomac - Labor Day weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckP said:
Number of cars: About 130

Run groups: Four - Green/Blue, White, Black, Red. The green and blue groups were small enough that they combined them. This made for PLENTY of track time for all. Enhanced passing (anywhere with a signal) in black and red.

Weather: HOT!...In the 90's each day.

Mods to my car since last track event: Steeda competition springs. JHR clutch line, Hard Brakes titanium brake pad shims (running with Pagid RS29 pads).

Car performance/problems: Feels great with new springs...less body roll...less dive under braking...looks better with lower stance too! Brake shims seem to do the job...had ZERO braking problems all weekend. In spite of 90+ temps had no engine overheating issues. The only mod I have made for better cooling is a Roush billet grill...seems to have done the trick! I have already posted details on my clutch issue. Car in shop now being checked out. Will report back on results.

I envy anyone going the VIR event this weekend...wish I had the time (and $$$) to join you!

Check this out. Is my right front wheel off the ground or is it an optical illusion?
VIR1.jpg

Here's a video with GPS data embedded. It's a tad long but toward the end is some video taken by my friend following me in his Porsche:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an70XnKbT2g
Chuck,
Looking good for an old guy!
Love VIR!
Happy holidays my friend
My best regards,Ron

TMO Supporting Vendors