The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Sculptures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
While technically not a track day or HPDE, I've come across a few websites that those of us who take it to the track might be interested in and I wanted to share. My wife got me these pretty cool metal track sculptures which are only a few square inches in area (think slightly bigger than track outlines on the cars) but a friend on Facebook liked a site that makes 3' by 2' wooden or 'carbon fiber' tracks. Perfect for a man cave or garage right? Here are two sites that I've come across that do these. I have no personal experience with either and am debating on getting one (or more) made for the tracks I've been on to remember my experiences.

www.tracksculptures.com & www.linearedge.com

Check them out.

As an aside, with the metal sculptures and knowing that in the military we like to commorate a career with a shadow box of all of the accomplishments a person has when they retire, I'm thinking I could do something like that with those sculptures and a picture of me on each of the tracks. Basically, a huge frame with a metal outline of the track underneath a picture of me on the track. Just an idea I had today that I thought I'd share with fellow track rats.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Really cool site. Thanks for posting as am thinking of redoing a basement room and actually like the wall sculpture idea. Now I have to decide which of the 20+ tracks I have run I would want -- on second thought do you realize how much money you have just caused me, geez!!??

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I wonder if that's where my wife got me the 3 little ones for Christmas. I'll have to ask.

I also have placed an order with track-sculptures for a small MRLS in carbon fiber. They were/are offering 10% off because they recently reached 20k likes on facebook. I believe the code is 'likes20k' if it is still available. I'll be sure to take pictures and post them up when I receive it. I went with them over Linear Edge because shipping was free and the 10% off. Otherwise the pricing is pretty similar (sizes are about the same) and both include everything you need to hang them, so it seems like personal preference.

GA
As a cheaper alternative I was thinking about buying track decals and putting them between 2 sheets of plexy or panes of glass. I have track decals on my rear window of the tracks I have driven but they only last so long. You could probably make a nice display with a dozen tracks for a hundred or so.

I picked up a Laguna Seca Track Sculpture with the Carbon Fiber top for Christmas. I love it. Really nice piece and will look great with one of the pro photos from my Laguna Seca track day.

TMO Supporting Vendors