The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Specific Xpel Protection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
I've decided do some preemptive track prep and to get my portions of my car Xpel'd. The areas to be covered are:

Nose Complete
Hood
Frt Quarter panels
Rocker panels
Roof (most likely)
The area forward of the rear wheels exposed to tire sling (starting to notice some rash in the clear). Don't know if R's rear offset make rash in the area more prevalent or if it was just bad luck.

If my budget permitted I'd get the whole car done...also to keep scratches and swirls ect. from showing in the black. An Installer in my area offers a track package which we have been discussing tweeks to make it fit my needs. Installation is scheduled for next Monday...Any thoughts or lessons learned would be appreciated.

I had front bumper, hood, front fenders and the rear impact area (behind door and in front of rear fender), and a piece behind the rear fender (can't remember the name but it's an expel pattern).

The rear impact area, hood, and bumper seem to take the most abuse during track days. I've considered adding coverage on the A-pillars + leading edge of the roof since I've got some chips there as well. I don't think the rocker panel patterns will do much for you since the rocker panels themselves block a lot of debris.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
I had front bumper, hood, front fenders and the rear impact area (behind door and in front of rear fender), and a piece behind the rear fender (can't remember the name but it's an expel pattern).

The rear impact area, hood, and bumper seem to take the most abuse during track days. I've considered adding coverage on the A-pillars + leading edge of the roof since I've got some chips there as well. I don't think the rocker panel patterns will do much for you since the rocker panels themselves block a lot of debris.

Thanks for the reply. I decided to add the full roof also. Will probably get the rest of the car done in the future.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
218C117A-A649-4433-B90E-1D545EF290AE.jpeg Xpel came great! Steve and Joe at Capital Autobahnd were outstanding and got the car done in about 9 hours. I did add the A pillars and some areas on the rear bumper along with previously posted areas.1D77CA4B-2556-4281-813A-5954C34E9CA9.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel