The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Here's a pair of videos. One is @Apex3V f***ing blowing my doors off because I raised him well, the other is my own highlights, including what Ill take credit for: intimidating mistakes out of said Apex 3v.... its 20 mins, but i tried to do some funny editing, like adding gps directions on a flyer and throwing a song in for 12-16 mins.

4mepi6.jpg

Last edited:

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Been a great couple of months, competed in a couple events to end 2020 and results were pretty good!
1st Place T2 class 2020 SCCA Time Trials Nationals (NCM Motorsports Park)
1st Place T2 class 2020 SCCA Time Trials Nationals Tour (Road Atlanta)

The event was my first time ever at Road Atlanta, and needless to say LOVE the track. Here is my fastest lap of the weekend (1:36:8, with some rain falling!)

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
@Apex3V , We need to populate this thread boah!

Help me fulfill my millenial desires for gratification from strangers on the internet by pounding the like & subscribe buttons on these videos!

I made a highlights video featuring Chandler passing me (my star pupil, 4 time stamps are in the description) if you look hard enough, but mainly just my better laps. The last 8 minutes are mainly my slides and bobbles.

Chandler and I both went out on the wromg tires too. If you watch nothing else, 11:45-12:00 is worth a peek. Otherwise, it's a car control clinic

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Help me fulfill my millenial desires for gratification from strangers on the internet by pounding the like & subscribe buttons on these videos!
Also, click the "Watch" button on Duane's build thread to (hopefully) get email updates from his build here:

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
@Bill Pemberton , feel free to critique away.

Self owning critique notes.....
  • Don't bobble into the second chicane cone :) My late shift screwed me
  • Need to get better about feathering the throttle. Little less goosing it to the apex, just stay on it.
  • Steering could definitely be a bit more smooth. e.g the chicane needs to flow better
  • Couple steering bobbles, steering is about to get more responsive as well.
  • Definitely could have carried more speed up onto the banking.
  • And turned harder down coming off the banking
What else?

That clunk you hear the whole time... I ordered new tie rods and new control arms since both are worn. What else could that clunk be? I swear it isn't anything inside the car.

Almost top half in my class when racing up a class. First race day, I'll take it.

I was out at Inde this past weekend. Saw both Chris and Drew, but they both look quite busy during a weekend so I didn't stop to introduce myself. This was my first time in Inde. I run in HPDE 4 with NASA AZ. This was my best lap from day 2 with the fast config. I ran a 1:43. I feel like I could get to 1:41 based on a few things, but that is for another day. I am not brave enough to go flat over the back straight up over the hill. Also, I learned I could carry way more speed through the tower straight if I shifted into 4th, but I was trying to stay off the curbs and save my stock wheels. Just had to replace 2 last week.

My car is stock besides FP springs and sway bars. Vorshlag camber plates, but I only have -1.95 up front and -.9 out back. I have the stock wheels with 305/30/19 supercar 3's.

Overall I am very happy with this lap as I was still learning the track in the 2nd session of the day with a new config. We ran the full course config 5 the day before.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
FunksoulJon you did a good job critiquing yourself. You could have gotten on the throttle a bit sooner, but you already figured that out. Autocross videos often cause folks to tell others they are too far from the cones , and that gives that appearance in your video, but I found this is a tough call , because often it has more to do with the placement of the camera and not where the car actually is situated. Super serious Autocrossers will place a camera on the side of the car just to get a sense of the true position of their machine. We do not have a side camera on the EVO 9 my son and I drive -- I guess that drops us to just serious, ha.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nick, thanks for the beautiful music you were playing with your GT 350 --- perfect song to wake up to with a cup of coffee. I think my Boss S screams like Brian Johnson of of AC/DC, but a GT 350 is more like Steven Tyler ripping into high pitched notes seemingly impossible for others to wail. I do miss that sound from when I had my 350 and it still is a mesmerizing tune that has to be listed in the top 5 Engine melodies of all time!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
FunksoulJon you did a good job critiquing yourself. You could have gotten on the throttle a bit sooner, but you already figured that out. Autocross videos often cause folks to tell others they are too far from the cones , and that gives that appearance in your video, but I found this is a tough call , because often it has more to do with the placement of the camera and not where the car actually is situated. Super serious Autocrossers will place a camera on the side of the car just to get a sense of the true position of their machine. We do not have a side camera on the EVO 9 my son and I drive -- I guess that drops us to just serious, ha.

Ha. Thanks. I have been considering a side camera, I mean, the Hero 7 is just sitting there at home when I go.... It would be nice to see the side view.

I have the main mounted on my windscreen and so far that seems solid enough. But it clear doesn't give that angle to see the corners closer. I have noticed that about the Mustang, the seat and windshield view are definitely down, in and narrow.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs

Had some fun at High Plains Raceway on 20JUN21. Session 3 that got me moved up to HPDE 2. Getting more and more comfortable with the car completely stock. Gotta work on carrying speed coming off the Apex, going deeper into corners on this track and video footage..lol. Next stop Pueblo Motorsport Park. I might think of getting better tires and lighter wheels after that event. All critques are welcomed.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

Had some fun at High Plains Raceway on 20JUN21. Session 3 that got me moved up to HPDE 2. Getting more and more comfortable with the car completely stock. Gotta work on carrying speed coming off the Apex, going deeper into corners on this track and video footage..lol. Next stop Pueblo Motorsport Park. I might think of getting better tires and lighter wheels after that event. All critques are welcomed.
HPR is a really fun track - I was only able to get a ride along before we moved away. I spent a lot of time at Pueblo because it was the main option back when I lived out there. HPR wasn't built yet and I never made it out to PPIR to do their roval. Pueblo's surface is rough, and that last turn on to the main straight can bite you hard, so be careful. I've seen a couple people get it wrong and end up hitting the inside wall. It's always fun sliding through the staging lanes of the drag strip getting back on the power (unless they've changed it since I drove it).

TMO Supporting Vendors