The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here are some vids from this past weekend at COTA with SVRA & Trans Am:

Billy Griffin Qualifying session:
Billy Griffin's Trans Am Race:

Me in SVRA Group 10 Race Saturday:
Me in SVRA Group 10 Race Sunday:
Me & Dean Martin in SVRA Enduro Sunday:

Dean was just co-driving Billy Griffin's S550(non-GT4 car) car with me. Billy's S550 is pretty wild. Some of the Mods it has are a Cortex SLA up front, Gen 2 Aluminator, the previously mentioned 6XD sequential gearbox, KMP Paddle shift system, Max Darrah's Xineering Downshift/Blip controls, Ultimate Performance coil overs from JJ Furillo, and some Aero stuff from RTR & AJ Hartman. Dean was with us for the TransAm weekend providing Support for Billy's GT4 car and we had a chance to get him in this car with us and give us some feedback. Dean's knowledge & support along with Morgan from KOHR were greatly appreciated at COTA, these guys were terrific helping us out. If you need support for your Track Mustang call Dean at Kohrmotorsports.com!

Last edited:
Dean was just co-driving Billy Griffin's S550(non-GT4 car) car with me. Billy's S550 is pretty wild. Some of the Mods it has are a Cortex SLA up front, Gen 2 Aluminator, the previously mentioned 6XD sequential gearbox, KMP Paddle shift system, Max Darrah's Xineering Downshift/Blip controls, Ultimate Performance coil overs from JJ Furillo, and some Aero stuff from RTR & AJ Hartman. Dean was with us for the TransAm weekend providing Support for Billy's GT4 car and we had a chance to get him in this car with us and give us some feedback. Dean's knowledge & support along with Morgan from KOHR were greatly appreciated at COTA, these guys were terrific helping us out. If you need support for your Track Mustang call Dean at Kohrmotorsports.com!
Ohhhhh thats the s550 i saw xineering posting……

they were working with me and 6xd to do paddles then the email went cold on xineerings end

Ohhhhh thats the s550 i saw xineering posting……

they were working with me and 6xd to do paddles then the email went cold on xineerings end
Max Darrah at Xineering was able to get our KMP paddleshift GCU to work with the 6XD & his blipshift kit when no one else could figure it out. I think he may be working on his own bespoke paddleshift system to work with the 6XD & other sequential transmissions. Max has always been super responsive & super helpful to us when we needed his expertise. I would reach back out to him.

Max Darrah at Xineering was able to get our KMP paddleshift GCU to work with the 6XD & his blipshift kit when no one else could figure it out. I think he may be working on his own bespoke paddleshift system to work with the 6XD & other sequential transmissions. Max has always been super responsive & super helpful to us when we needed his expertise. I would reach back out to him.

when i get more serious ill reach out….. thank you

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia

A few laps from my best session Sunday, I had some recording issues Saturday, AIM Smarty Cam is usually dead reliable...probably something I did. Had good Delta almost every lap, point bye and pitting slowed me but, I drove some sections well for me. Still learning and enjoying.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sal where are you picking up oil temp? Also are you fully ducted and what size oil cooler? 210 doesn't sound correct at full session load
Here we go…..here is a clip from my in car video on the last lap at nationals after 45 min. @ 8k+ (Oil temp is second from the left) the needle is basically straight up.

B613146F-9305-4870-9FFA-EFABECC7549B.jpeg

ok here is a close up of the gauges in the shop.
Oil temp gauge needle straight up is 210.

0132681C-BFB1-42A8-96BD-05BEFF271887.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
@steveespo
Look at the positions of the needles of the in car vid pic and then at this close up what values the needles point to.

Looks like 190/200 water temp and 210 oil temp to me.
Maybe I am over cooling the oil....but I've never had a problem with heat even on the hottest of days and lord knows I punish this thing.
I'll check some more vids but this is basically where it runs....

gauges.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Here is Sonoma in August....
Keep an eye on those gauges.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
@steveespo
Thunderhill in October.....and you know how hot it gets at T Hill.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have the almost same build as Sal and I was at 240F for the engine oil. A big fat Gurney winglet in front of my hood grill got me to the same temp as Sal. Kept looking how to get to to 210F, as it was the reference number that Shaun, from AED, gave for track engine oil temps.

CA
@steveespo
Look at the positions of the needles of the in car vid pic and then at this close up what values the needles point to.

Looks like 190/200 water temp and 210 oil temp to me.
Maybe I am over cooling the oil....but I've never had a problem with heat even on the hottest of days and lord knows I punish this thing.
I'll check some more vids but this is basically where it runs....

View attachment 81552
Sal, is this 210°F being measured before or after the cooler?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sal, is this 210°F being measured before or after the cooler?
In the pan, as it should be.
That’s what the bearings see.

TMO Supporting Vendors