The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

track time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smittytx said:
Are you talking about the Track Guys at Sebring this May? I'm thinking about going, and there are two other 302Ss from Texas that are going.

Yep, that is the one, last year there was quite a collection of cars there. Hope you can make it, would be nice to see a collection of 302S's at the same place. If you decide to go make reservations early at the hotel on track, it fills up quickly.

GA
2012YellowBoss said:
Henry has a good relationship with HMS and PBIR, the days canceled this year were from Hurricanes and tropical storms. One was Sebring and the the Hurricane never came close but I guess the track agreed. I know he has had a hard time getting any good dates at Sebring and that is why none are scheduled there - yet.

Every group down here is about the same price $300 for all tracks ($400 Daytona). The only cheaper group is ERME but the last time I was there the drivers scared me too much. Roebling is the next closest to me and someday I will hit that along with RA. The truth is, I have a long way too go and a lot to learn. Making the trip there next year I think will be a lot more fun with better skills.

As far as NASA goes I am not putting it down but for where I am at now the other groups just make more sense considering the time and money.

Peter, see you there. I am also planning the PCA this month and other CHIN dates at Sebring. Last year I went to the Trackguys but did not run, this year I will.

PJ, have you ever ran with Rezoom up that way?

I waited a year before going on track with my Bullitt because it was my first stick shift. Then my very first track event was solo at Barber Motorsports Park- talk about jumping in both feet first. It might be a good idea to sign up for more beginner run groups with instructors if you feel you need to learn more.

I have never run with Rezoom, but I hear they run a good event. I want to get on Barber and VIR, and Rezoom has dates for them. I worry about trying out too many new groups for that reason that they may not have as much control over safety. NASA and HOD are very safety conscious and the drivers I have encountered have been pretty mature.

TMO Supporting Vendors