The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Tires Recommendation

Which would you use for track tires on a rotatable square setup (305/30-19)

• Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - $350 each

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Nitto NT01 - $420 each

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R - $492 each

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking for feedbacks and recommendations.

I am setting up my '17 GT350 to run with the N4SW 6GR 19x11 with 50mm Spacers in the front and ARP 3" studs to give me a rotatable square setup. I am trying to decide on the Michelin PSC2 305/30ZR19 ($350 each) or the Nitto NT01 305/30R19 ($420 each). These will be dedicated for track use and I will have the OEM Michelin PSP for street in case it rains.

Which one should I go for?

Thanks

Fast – NT01’s
Faster – SC2’s
Fastest – Trefeo R’s

I hope you mean 25mm spacers and not 50’s.

PSC2 315s have an actual tread width of 11.7" according to Tire Rack which is basically a 305. They also fit with your planned setup.
Thanks Bus. I think I will go with the 305 first and see how it goes before I get too brave. I am sure it will fit just the end to end range might be less and risk some light scrubbing. especially when the front end is fully loaded on a hard braking and Apexing.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Guys.... Just spoke with Ryan at Apex Racing Parts. There is a group buy deals going on for the APEX EC-7 19x11 if you are interested. Here is the link.https://www.gangup.com/apex/apex-18-19-ec7-mustang-wheels-q1-2018.html

Thought I would share since the track season is just around the corner.

Just FYI, we have a thread on that:
APEX | 18” & 19” EC-7 Mustang Wheel Group Buy - Up to $250 OFF + Free Shipping

https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...-group-buy-up-to-250-off-free-shipping.13282/

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel