The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NT01's are in my shopping cart. Which wheels are you going to use?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Don't get the Toyo's! The Nitto's are a better tire. I ran a set of R888's and while they are better than the stock Pirelli's in my opinion (not the pirelli corsa) they just don't hold up to the weight of a bigger car like the Boss. They will get greasy and there's nothing you can do about it. They last a long time and you can flip them but the Nitto is a better tire. You get what you pay for…Just my 2 cents.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Tucson302 said:
So by going to 18's does the Trackey need to be redone?

I had them recalibrate my car after deciding on a tire size but it's a waste of time and money, IMO. Your speedometer will be a little bit off but you shouldn't be looking at that anyways :)

Bay Area
ArizonaBOSS said:
I had them recalibrate my car after deciding on a tire size but it's a waste of time and money, IMO. Your speedometer will be a little bit off but you shouldn't be looking at that anyways :)

Just out of curiosity, but how much was the recalibration and how much do you think the speedo is off if you dont recalibrate the speedo?

Thanks

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
byronj said:
Just out of curiosity, but how much was the recalibration and how much do you think the speedo is off if you dont recalibrate the speedo?

Thanks

I think I paid $80 for them to recalibrate it, plus an hour of me sitting in their waiting room. GPS speed vs. Vehicle speed says off by 6mph at 142mph GPS speed (vehicle indicates 148).

Overall height of a 275/40 NT01 is almost dead-nuts on the stock tire height in the rear, btw.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
ArizonaBOSS said:
I think I paid $80 for them to recalibrate it, plus an hour of me sitting in their waiting room. GPS speed vs. Vehicle speed says off by 6mph at 142mph GPS speed (vehicle indicates 148).

Overall height of a 275/40 NT01 is almost dead-nuts on the stock tire height in the rear, btw.

Yeah I can live with that, I was curious about the trackey tune because I remember reading somewhere that tire size was one of variables the tech inputs when they install it.

I set up my boss square on the stock rims using Hankook ventus r-s3, 275/35r19. The car has responded extremely well to this setup.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Where is the best place to get the NTO1s? I got a $200 gift card from Tire Rack from my in-laws, but Tire Rack says they don't carry Nittos anymore. I could have sworn I got my Nitto 555Rs? on my old GT and I loved them. If they are the best tire, I can get brake stuff from Tire Rack instead.

TMO Supporting Vendors