The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Tour: Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Make sure the ones attending tomorrow post up their impressions, photos and videos! I've got my GoPro charged and ready for action.

fyi for tomorrow...I got an email from Ford this morning saying the following:

"For your event tomorrow at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, please enter the race track off of Monterey Salinas Highway/68, not South Boundary Road. South Boundary Road entrance is closed."

that means I might come down 101 instead of 17 / 1...might meet you guys at the starbucks at 7.

Gt350

Camber- they have the cars setup with more negative camber for the track here. The mechanic didn't know the exact numbers but said you would get it in the supplement. I don't remember seeing it anywhere. Rear camber is adjustable. Front they slotted the aluminum spindle at the bottom two strut bolts. Said it was really easy and I think Gary did this on his boss?

Shelby track attack. It was announced as official but the location is TBD.

Electric exhaust noise bypass was way louder than I thought. We had a 105db day today and I got meatballed for busting noise in a track pack car!

The front splitter height is spec at 100mm+-10 on the R and +25mm more in the others. Ricks measurements were right on. The yellow I saw was on a slope and only 2". The splitter has hit on a few cars on the corkscrew on the track pack so it is LOW. The car does not come with the splitter attached like the BOSS LS so you can take it off easy for the street. Like 8 screws.

The R vs track pack differences are as rick stated so far regarding the damper and spring hardware differences but the electronic tuning differences are in the ABS, steering control/feedback and magnaride tune.

On track. The shift gearing was almost the same as the boss. The tires on the TP car are bigger diameter than I am used to so the shift points where way different and hard to get the hi revs out of the motor. I needed about one more lap to figure it out.

The brakes are awesome and the pressure required made it much easier than the boss to heel toe.

My brain is full and this is what I remember so far.

0E0045AC-4A6B-4632-AF6B-52FF6AED85ED_zpsh65quqbo.jpg
AA248EA1-B5DF-45EC-B7A3-1D14DC8EA988_zpshpfjhh7w.jpg
14DAFF5F-86F7-4551-8547-EF141D2C394B_zpsfv4pfyka.jpg
B306C02D-50CA-454B-942D-53E70BD8FA23_zpszrfazpb1.jpg
FA67618A-2697-468C-AF09-1E7FF76734AE_zpsndnvxfjq.jpg

Moto said:
Gt350

Camber- they have the cars setup with more negative camber for the track here. The mechanic didn't know the exact numbers but said you would get it in the supplement. I don't remember seeing it anywhere. Rear camber is adjustable. Front they slotted the aluminum spindle at the bottom two strut bolts. Said it was really easy and I think Gary did this on his boss?

Shelby track attack. It was announced as official but the location is TBD.

Electric exhaust noise bypass was way louder than I thought. We had a 105db day today and I got meatballed for busting noise in a track pack car!

The front splitter height is spec at 100mm+-10 on the R and +25mm more in the others. Ricks measurements were right on. The yellow I saw was on a slope and only 2". The splitter has hit on a few cars on the corkscrew on the track pack so it is LOW. The car does not come with the splitter attached like the BOSS LS so you can take it off easy for the street. Like 8 screws.

The R vs track pack differences are as rick stated so far regarding the damper and spring hardware differences but the electronic tuning differences are in the ABS, steering control/feedback and magnaride tune.

On track. The shift gearing was almost the same as the boss. The tires on the TP car are bigger diameter than I am used to so the shift points where way different and hard to get the hi revs out of the motor. I needed about one more lap to figure it out.

The brakes are awesome and the pressure required made it much easier than the boss to heel toe.

My brain is full and this is what I remember so far.

0E0045AC-4A6B-4632-AF6B-52FF6AED85ED_zpsh65quqbo.jpg
AA248EA1-B5DF-45EC-B7A3-1D14DC8EA988_zpshpfjhh7w.jpg
14DAFF5F-86F7-4551-8547-EF141D2C394B_zpsfv4pfyka.jpg
B306C02D-50CA-454B-942D-53E70BD8FA23_zpszrfazpb1.jpg
EE275991-54E4-42A8-95F7-437CD5CD3E62_zps0gnzuxe8.jpg
C783445C-08EA-483F-B915-3261704E853A_zpstzr0nuda.png

thanks for the info!
how much did you get to drive?

It was only 2(really 1 3/4 total) laps me driving first. Then one lap (really 3/4) with the instructor demos. Instructors were from Miller. They did not tell us until we were done that it was only two laps or I would have pushed it up more earlier. And no passing so don't get anywhere close to a car when coming ontrack or you will be slowed. Needed about one more lap to get a good hot lap.

Moto said:
It was only 2(really 1 3/4 total) laps me driving first. Then one lap (really 3/4) with the instructor demos. Instructors were from Miller. They did not tell us until we were done that it was only two laps or I would have pushed it up more earlier. And no passing so don't get anywhere close to a car when coming ontrack or you will be slowed. Needed about one more lap to get a good hot lap.

was the instructor in the car when you were driving?

TMO Supporting Vendors