The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Tour: Lime Rock Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reserved for event specific discussion.

@06mach1

I'm going to the Oct 1st AM event. Just booked my room, staying at the Mountain View Motel in Great Barrington, MA. Planning to drive out after work on Wed from Rochester, NY. Looking forward to meeting new BMO members and checking out the GT-350's. Less than 3 weeks to go!!

Same thing here... headed out Wednesday and staying in Great Barrington. From reading everyone else's posts, I hope its worth the drive. Probably won't be able to get a real opinion of the GT350 as I am unfamiliar with the track. Limerock is one of those tracks that I have always wanted to drive though.

06mach1 said:
Same thing here... headed out Wednesday and staying in Great Barrington. From reading everyone else's posts, I hope its worth the drive. Probably won't be able to get a real opinion of the GT350 as I am unfamiliar with the track. Limerock is one of those tracks that I have always wanted to drive though.

I've never been to Lime Rock either. Was trying to sign up for an event with Northeast Track Days that was scheduled for SEP 28, but the event dropped off the registration list. Maybe they didn't get enough people. Anyway, it does sound like they are modding tracks and adding cones, so maybe its just as well.

I can see Ford might be concerned that somebody shows up with no track experience and tries and set the lap record with a car they're not familiar with. Especially at a high speed track like RA. Hopefully they'll be less restrictive at Lime Rock, and maybe more laps, especially since they are such short laps. ;)

One week to go!!

Weather forecast is calling for nothing but sunshine and temps in the high 60's, let hope it turns out that way.

Looking forward to this event. Found a couple of video's of pro drivers describing a lap at Lime Rock both with and without the chicane. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can post them and send links.

Am scheduled for Lime Rock but read on another forum only 2 or 3 laps in the car -not sure if it is worth the trip. Would like to drive the car but think it might be too much sales pitch and not enough drive time.

Mizzo said:
Am scheduled for Lime Rock but read on another forum only 2 or 3 laps in the car -not sure if it is worth the trip. Would like to drive the car but think it might be too much sales pitch and not enough drive time.
The other two events got 3 laps behind the wheel and one hot lap in the passenger seat. No reason to expect anything different at LRP.

I am carpooling with FastFordNut in my Boss, starting at the Dunkin Donuts off 495 exit 16 at 5:30am. I am thinking we might collect a few others on their way there on rt 90. I might tape "Lime Rock?" On my rear bumper lol.

Ran in this event yesterday and had a great time. We were lucky to avoid the 3 inches of standing water that they dealt with the day before. Met some BMO members plus had a very enjoyable drive to and from the event with 06 MACH 1 [Mike].

I did take some pictures, but no video, I can post, but there isn't anything there that hasn't already been shown.

My 2 cents summary of the car is that it was a great experience, though not a whole lot of laps, 2 chicanes, slow traffic, and cold tires. The cars are absolutely beautiful, much much nicer in person than in the pictures I’ve seen, but beautiful doesn’t make a car fast.

I didn’t get to appreciate the power or brakes due to short straights, low speeds, and did I mention slow traffic, ultimate grip was low but I’m used to better tires on the Boss and I usually don’t push them until they get some heat I them. The car I drove was a track pack car with Michelin PSS tires not the Sport Cup II’s on the 350R and they were cold. The car did feel very composed in transitions, although I would like to see how it does on the high speed esses at the Glen or VIR.

Bottom line, it’s a really nice car, better than the Boss, and I’d definitely consider buying one. . . if I didn’t already have the Boss. Think I’ll keep the Boss for now, but if I were to get one, red with white stripes was my favorite color combo.

I for one would like to appreciation to Ford for taking all the effort to rent out tracks, transport cars, bring in staff including driving instructors, who knows how much all this cost them, all to keep their faithful faithful. I have buddies who are loyal Corvette owners including Z06's and they never got an invitation to an event like this. I find it interesting that some people have been negative about this event. During one of the briefings some guy I had just met mentioned that he could do without the sales pitch, I told him 'dude, they're not going to twist your arm to buy one of these, they're gonna sell everyone that they make and then some, they just thought you might be interested in why the designed it the way they did' he said I guess you're right, but just interesting that some people look for the negative.

Plus my new business card holder is cooler than my old one.

I was at the event yesterday as well. I thought it was fantastic. I drove an R, white with blue stripes. Pretty much the exact car I'm hoping to find. I was far more impressed than I thought I would be. I was in the first group out on the track and I was worried the tires would be too cold, I guess the lap the instructors took to heat them helped because the car was planted. It pulled hard and sounded incredible.

I enjoyed the chicanes, so using them didn't really bother me at all. I think I got really lucky as far as slow traffic goes. My instructor noticed the car ahead of us leaving sort of slow, so he had me wait a bit longer before going on track. I ended up catching them coming out of the West Bend chicane and heading to the Downhill, when we got on the main straight they moved way left and my instructor told me to go around. One of the rules was to listen to the instructions given by the pro, so I went around.

The Ford folks are real car guys, a Ford VP used his vacation time to come to the event as a consumer, he didn't pull strings, just got the letter and signed up online like everyone else. Kind of cool.

I can't believe people went negative on the event. Ford Performance, the pro drivers, and the support staff were awesome and it was a great event. Everyone I talked to was pretty upbeat about it and had a great time. Overall, I'd have to say it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Boss1815 said:
The Ford folks are real car guys, a Ford VP used his vacation time to come to the event as a consumer, he didn't pull strings, just got the letter and signed up online like everyone else. Kind of cool.

Did he stay low key? When I got off track I was full of adrenaline and tried to explain to a guy how awesome it was. He had an odd expression, like he knew some secret but said he had not been on track yet...

Anyways, it was a long drive but I think it was well worth it. I also got to drive the white 350R, but I drive it less aggressively than the Boss...I wish now that I was not so scared about damaging something that was not mine, that instructor really tossed it around and he must have cut my lap time in half.

WinterSucks said:
Did he stay low key? When I got off track I was full of adrenaline and tried to explain to a guy how awesome it was. He had an odd expression, like he knew some secret but said he had not been on track yet...

Yeah, he was pretty quiet. He stood in the group and listened and looked around like everyone else. He had on a black jacket with "Mustang" on it, so I thought he might have been with the event at first. Jim Owens talked to him during a couple times during his presentation and toward the end introduced him. That's I only way I knew who he was.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel