The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TRACK VIDEOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track Videos

...OK, now that it's Summer (here in the NE), here's one:

2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca - New Jersey Motorsports Park - Thunder Track - 5/26/12
OEM Stock Setup - first run of the season (Corsa tires totally roasted/ruined after 12 sessions)

[youtube]pxqV-LtHXwQ[/youtube]

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Whole bunch of vids in the link in my sig.

We are on summer break here (nobody wants to hit the track when it's over 100* in AZ)...more vids come September.

OK Cool. Things just getting started here in the NE.
What overlay system are you using?
When the snow starts flying here I'll look for more of your vids..
Thank for posting.
Lee.

Are you using some kind of stabilizer while shooting this video? I reminds me of a racing sim play back because there is no vibration and the movement seems mechanically precise. Good video.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
lbp said:
Thank for posting.
Lee.

I use a GPS beacon to send positioning data to my smartphone.
On my smartphone I use the Trackmaster app (Android) to record the positioning/speed data vs. google earth track markers.
I then output the Trackmaster data to an excel sheet and use Racechrono2avi program to make the overlay, which records as a .avi file.
I then manually sync the timing of the overlay to the video, and display the overlay using picture-in-picture function.

Each video takes about an hour to make :( The upside is it only cost me about $100 total investment, vs. a $1000-1500 Traqmate system.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
lbp said:
Track Videos

2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca - New Jersey Motorsports Park - Thunder Track - 5/26/12
OEM Stock Setup - first run of the season (Corsa tires totally roasted/ruined after 12 sessions)

Well it's obvious why the Corsa's are shot already ! Kickin' some tail. ;D

racered302 said:
Are you using some kind of stabilizer while shooting this video? I reminds me of a racing sim play back because there is no vibration and the movement seems mechanically precise. Good video.

This was shot on the HeroHD (not gen 2), attached to the inside of the windshield.

I have a HeroHD2 coming, and also a ReplayXD1080.
I'll post with those when I get to the track again, probably July at Pocono.
Although there is an event at the Glen towards the end of June I have a garage full of overdue mods & may pass on WG 'til the car is ready, 'though it may be possible to go with some done, depending on the car's state of completion.

PS - I think some of the video's attributes you noticed are due to Youtube's encoding. I may try to correct some of the settings (if possible w/o a complete re-post).

ArizonaGT said:
lbp said:
Thank for posting.
Lee.

I use a GPS beacon to send positioning data to my smartphone.
On my smartphone I use the Trackmaster app (Android) to record the positioning/speed data vs. google earth track markers.
I then output the Trackmaster data to an excel sheet and use Racechrono2avi program to make the overlay, which records as a .avi file.
I then manually sync the timing of the overlay to the video, and display the overlay using picture-in-picture function.

Each video takes about an hour to make :( The upside is it only cost me about $100 total investment, vs. a $1000-1500 Traqmate system.

..Very cool.
I was thinking about getting the AIM from Ford Racing. - Do you happen to know if it does track mapping? (I think it's just the regular AIM sold through Ford).

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The AIM MXL systems use GPS positioning; that will generate a track map as you drive. I am also planning on getting one in the not-too-distant future.

PeteInCT said:
lbp said:
Track Videos

Well it's obvious why the Corsa's are shot already ! Kickin' some tail. ;D

Pete,
How do you keep your car so damn clean??? ;D ;D ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Lee - When you're "in between assignments" you have a lot of time on your hands ::)

PS: It would be great if you could get to WG on 6/22 through 6/24 with the PCC PCA guys (No Porsche required). I will be there as well as Roketman, ChuckP and Paul Weston from Weston Motorsports, possibly others...

I like the part in this at 2:40 when he passes what appears to be a BMW. Nothing sounds like the Boss, and the BMW sounds like my old Suzuki RM250, or a weedwacker on steroids! :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors