The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Weekend at Brainerd International Raceway - We're outnumbered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
Cool, literally! What about the R8?
Unfortunately he dropped down to group 3. Last session I passed most of the field including the club president and turned a 1:53.21. There's a modded GT3 that has me by about a half second but he's pulling me in the straights. Looks like an intake and tune will be on order when I get home.

Funny I just did some tune recon for you so we will chat later. ;)

GA
cloud9 said:
Rained out after lunch :mad:

Sorry to hear that Gary. Rain ruined half my Road Atlanta weekend this past February. I have a couple of events coming up and I am keeping my fingers crossed.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
FYI fast time in 2012 OLOA Brainerd long was a 3 lap total from a standing start at start finish line. GT-r 5:20.711. 10th place E92M3 5:49.63 for comparison. You need to subtract around 5 secs from thd total to allow for the standing start. These times are all street tires mostly Michelin PSS.

Brainerd SCCA course. 1st GT-r 5:04.53 10th place Viper ACR 5:29.722

Also these drivers had never turned a lap at Brainerd ;)

Peter

OLOABoss said:
FYI fast time in 2012 OLOA Brainerd long was a 3 lap total from a standing start at start finish line. GT-r 5:20.711. 10th place E92M3 5:49.63 for comparison. You need to subtract around 5 secs from thd total to allow for the standing start. These times are all street tires mostly Michelin PSS.

Brainerd SCCA course. 1st GT-r 5:04.53 10th place Viper ACR 5:29.722

Also these drivers had never turned a lap at Brainerd ;)

Peter
Impressive. I'm in the low 1:50s on the 3 mile track so I guess the M3 is running 1:55s?

By SCCA course, do you mean the 2.5 mile competition course? I'm in the high 1:40s on that one and I've done a sum total of 4 sessions on that track in my Stang so comparable to a Viper ACR's time. I'll take that. ;)

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
SCCA = short course. Deducting standing start, ACR ran a avg lap of 1:48 or so. Yes M3 was running around 1:55's avg lap time on long course.

Peter

I always kind of minimized the short course since part of the attraction is the mile long front straight and high speed banked Turn 1 on the long track, but after running the short course last weekend it's really a fun track. Even at 2.5 miles it's not really "short" and the last sequence of turns right after the carousel are a blast if you hit them just right. I'll probably do more 3 day events up there where they run the short course on Friday and long track on Sat/Sun.

OLOABoss said:
Wait until you get to RA this year. You will fall in love all over again. ;)

Peter
Very cool. I've heard it's like no other place. Just what I need more addiction :D I just need to get over my fear of brake failure there. That Camaro losing brakes and jumping the fence after taking out the Mustang last year didn't help with that either. :eek: I'm sure it's like every other new track though, once you leave the pits all the anxiety melts away and the red mist takes over ;D

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
If you go with Nord Stern PCA I have a bunch of FL buds who are going to be there with their GT3RS. I ran Nord Stern last year and it was awesome with only about 30 cars per session on a 4 mile track. ;D

Peter

OLOABoss said:
If you go with Nord Stern PCA I have a bunch of FL buds who are going to be there with their GT3RS. I ran Nord Stern last year and it was awesome with only about 30 cars per session on a 4 mile track. ;D

Peter
I'm going with GTTrackDays in June. Nordstern's event is mid-July. I'm thinking about it, but it's sandwiched bewteen a NASA TT event at MAM end of June, a Mustang club event at MAM third week of July and then the Nordstern 3 day club race event back at BIR end of July. I'll have to see what the temperature is on the home front before I test those waters on a return trip to RA (9 hour pull each way) :eek: There were 3 GT3RSs up at BIR a week and a half ago. FAST cars no doubt 8)

OLOABoss said:
I ran Nord Stern last year and it was awesome with only about 30 cars per session on a 4 mile track. ;D

You sound like me, I love clean runs but I have spoke with many down here that love a crowded track and running in traffic. 30 cars on four miles = heaven ;D

Actually last year was pretty sparsely populated on a lot of the tracks. It seems the economy's improving some as it's a little more crowded so far this year.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel