The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trackaster video not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Anyone else use Trackmaster for lap timing and video?
The lap timing works good on my phone and BlueTooth GPS receiver.

But the video doesn't always work. When I go to the Movie folder, I see all the mp4 files, but some have a grey icon rather than the color image of the first movie frame. Last weekend I had 9 recordings, but only the first one works. I get a "Unsupported file type" error if I click on a grey movie icon.

And my data won't sync to the MyTrackmaster server even though I've got Trackmaster and Gmail set up to sync.

Any ideas on video and sync?

Thanks

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I tried using the video one day, it was starting at the first split marker after start/finish instead of at start/finish. Also the aspect ratio on my phone wasn't great. I just use an external camera for now until they make improvements and my hardware is better.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
drano38 said:

But the video doesn't always work. When I go to the Movie folder, I see all the mp4 files, but some have a grey icon rather than the color image of the first movie frame. Last weekend I had 9 recordings, but only the first one works. I get a "Unsupported file type" error if I click on a grey movie icon.

And my data won't sync to the MyTrackmaster server even though I've got Trackmaster and Gmail set up to sync.

Thanks

Wayne - your phone may not have enough "HP" for all the processing it's trying to do. When I tried using TrackMaster on my single CPU Morotorola Droid it's wasn't very reliable. I now have a dual CPU phone and it has no problems...

drano38

Wayne
So I need TraKey for my phone too? ???

Yea, my phone may not be up to task--it's a 22 month old Samsung Fascinate, and I've learned I need to turn it off in the morning and at noon to prevent complete lockup when using Trackmaster. I'll probably upgrade at the 2 year point and see if that helps.

That may be the sync problem too (or maybe it needs to be in WiFi mode to sync those huge video files).

Thanks for the advice

PeteInCT said:
drano38 said:

Thanks

Wayne - your phone may not have enough "HP" for all the processing it's trying to do. When I tried using TrackMaster on my single CPU Morotorola Droid it's wasn't very reliable. I now have a dual CPU phone and it has no problems...

Hey Pete, how does Trackmaster work for you at Limerock? The gps doesn't seem to get a good signal there. Mine was all over the place. Do you use a stand alone gps receiver? Thanks

PeteInCT

Connecticut
My phone hardly works at all at LRP and I never tried trackmaster there.I do use a GTech Pro Fanatic RR GPS receiver there to log runs and it works perfectly. You can copy the data to a PC and use their software to do a good analysis of your runsand can compare one run to another.It samples GPS 10 times a second.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
You can go to their website and download the software and a sample data load for free so you can get an idea of capabilities.

Thanks, I googled it and found it. Looks good and affordable. Trackmaster worked great in NJMP and out at Miller. But I had no luck with it at Limerock. Looks good!!

I had the same problem trying to get my trackmaster to sync, so I reinstalled the software on the phone and it sync'd fine after that. Havent tried to use it to over lay but I guess i need to before Track attack.

drano38

Wayne
Bingo.
Removed, re-installed, and it synched up a couple hours later.
Luckily I already saved and moved my sessions onto my computer, because removing the program also took the session data with it.
Hopefully the video will also work now for more than a session or 2.
Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors