The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TrackDaze - Summit Point Main - Open Track Day - Vids Added!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo said:
Great video Sarkis. Had a great time running with you. Thanks for the picture posts too.
Steve

Thanks, likewise!

2012-Boss said:
Track Club USA and SCMC are doing an open track event September 20-21 on Summit main. There is a discount if you sign up early. I am registered and hope to see you, Sarkis, and Steve there.

That's good to know. I'll definitely try to make it out in September. Would you happen to have the link to their registration site, or club?

NFSBOSS said:
FD nice driving. You sure like to move your hands around a lot. :)

Haha, I can't seem to get used to keeping my hands at 3-9 position... My hands keep hitting my knees and it feels awekward lol. I think the steering wheel is too big in this car. On the plus side, moving my hands keeps the blood flowing :p, at least that's what I tell myself.

Shaun12 said:
Like the videos. I hope to be out at Summit in September sometime. Buying a house really puts a damper on the fun stuff.

Shaun, sounds like you have your priorities right, unlike me!

Brandon302 said:
Just watched the video, it's almost like you're on a Sunday drive you seem so relaxed. Also I wasn't sure from your video but going into 5, from 4 to 5, are you trying to make that as straight as possible?

As relaxed as I may have been, I was frusterated with 5th gear not cooperating :mad:
I've been experimenting with turn 5 entry. Seems like I carry the most speed through it when going in from the middle, which forces me to adjust my exit at 4. So in most cases I wasn't making a true straight line. I think I need to do a late apex at 4 to get a straight line and land in the middle for turn 5 entry.

I was a little more aggressive on Sunday, but haven't had the chance to look at the videos. I'll post up them up later, but it may get boring for you guys :p

You can definitely late apex 4 which pushes you right to the inside of the beginning of 5. It makes you slow down more going into 5 but it's the slowest corner anyway so you might as well go as fast at it as possible.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel