The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TrackDaze - Summit Point Main - Open Track Day - Vids Added!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrackDaze is holding their first Open Track Day at Summit Point Main circuit, on July 5th-6th.

During Open Track Days, only Intermediate and Advance drivers are allowed, and no instruction/classroom is provided. The advantage is that you can get up to 4hrs of track time each day!

This is by far the best deal I've came across at Summit Point regarding cost vs. track time. If you sign up early enough, you'll receive a $35 discount.

Another perk that TrackDaze offers is that they allow a passenger, as long as everyone is behaving and no incidences have occurred. So it's a great time to give rides to your family members and friends.

Link to schedule

Link to event page

Re: TrackDaze - Summit Point Main - Open Track Day

Great Steve!

I bit the bullet and signed up for the whole weekend.
I think the limiting factor for track time may be my tires for this event... after I order a set of spare pads.

Gonna see if I can convince my dad to fund this, do you have to have proof that you are Intermediate in SCCA or another club? Like to see if I can pass your Boss rather than follow it this time.

I've only done one other event with trackdaze and I was placed in the Advanced group, as requested. This was back when I used to drive the corolla, and it was the trackdaze event that made me realize I no longer wanted to be road kill on track! As patient as I am, it was time to upgrade, which led me to the boss.

As far as experience goes, I just wrote up my track experience in my profile during registration, and I was not contacted to prove anything. Not sure if they went on their own and contacted the other clubs I mentioned, or if some of the instructors recognized my name.

Brandon, I don't think we've ever ran with together, unless your post was meant for Steve. I think you were only flagging and your dad was driving at the event we both attended.

F.D. Sako said:
Brandon, I don't think we've ever ran with together, unless your post was meant for Steve. I think you were only flagging and your dad was driving at the event we both attended.

This is true, I had to watch, though flagging was a great experience. I would be driving the same car however. How did you come to find out that you are allowed passengers in the car?

At the last even I ran with them, around lunch time they announced that they'd be allowing passengers for Advanced and Intermediate-Solo approved drivers. I was really surprised! So, before signing up for this event I emailed them and asked if they'd allow passengers for this event as well. Their response was that if there were no on-track incidents in the morning sessions, and everyone behaved ::) they'd allow passengers in the later sessions. This is great because I've had family members and friends that want to see what this sport is about, but I could never show them unless I became an instructor, which is not anytime soon.

Hopefully, the accident from Hyperfest doesn't change their policy.

F.D. Sako said:
At the last even I ran with them, around lunch time they announced that they'd be allowing passengers for Advanced and Intermediate-Solo approved drivers. I was really surprised! So, before signing up for this event I emailed them and asked if they'd allow passengers for this event as well. Their response was that if there were no on-track incidents in the morning sessions, and everyone behaved ::) they'd allow passengers in the later sessions. This is great because I've had family members and friends that want to see what this sport is about, but I could never show them unless I became an instructor, which is not anytime soon.

Hopefully, the accident from Hyperfest doesn't change their policy.
That is really cool, that would probably be the biggest test for any driver to not show off and do anything stupid.

Have a safe trip Steve, see you there, as well.

Brandon, are you guys going to make it out for this one?

Unfortunately no, didn't end up getting pads and rotors in time, plus there is a crack in the windshield that they probably wouldn't like.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

That looks slow! Must get faster!!

It was great running with you Steve, I may have to tag along with you to the other tracks in the region.

Here's the open track session we ran together.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/0zyiN44Ba_M[/youtube]

None at the moment. This event was supposed to be their new 'RaceDaze' event, but they didn't get enough entries.
I really liked this open track concept. On Sunday I ran until gas light came on (~48min) got out, filled up, hydrated and went back out. It was a great experience being out there more than the usual 20-30min session. You get to concentrate, get in the zone and actually work on/try different things and see the results (until your transmission craps out :-X)

Brandon302 said:
Are there more open track days later this year?

Track Club USA and SCMC are doing an open track event September 20-21 on Summit main. There is a discount if you sign up early. I am registered and hope to see you, Sarkis, and Steve there.

FD nice driving. You sure like to move your hands around a lot. :)

Like the videos. I hope to be out at Summit in September sometime. Buying a house really puts a damper on the fun stuff.

Just watched the video, it's almost like you're on a Sunday drive you seem so relaxed. Also I wasn't sure from your video but going into 5, from 4 to 5, are you trying to make that as straight as possible?

TMO Supporting Vendors