The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tracked boss owner only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Jeep in Ocala,

I swear by clearbra for track use. I have it on my Viper ACR also ( even the windshield ) and it has saved the paint unbelievably well !!

Where are you guys getting Goodridge SS lines. I have called 3 places and even called Goodridge and no one has a part number or says they are available. Looking for full set, front and back, so appreciate the help as everyone seems to be clueless on the part number,etc.

How are the speed bleeders? I read somewhere that the angle is slightly off from oem bleeders so they mess up the holes in the calipers. It was for the GT Brembos but they are the same afaik

Bill Pemberton said:
Jeep in Ocala,

I swear by clearbra for track use. I have it on my Viper ACR also ( even the windshield ) and it has saved the paint unbelievably well !!

Where are you guys getting Goodridge SS lines. I have called 3 places and even called Goodridge and no one has a part number or says they are available. Looking for full set, front and back, so appreciate the help as everyone seems to be clueless on the part number,etc.
I ordered mine here Bill: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=479&CategoryID=212&ModelID=35

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
It's a clear plastic film that is applied with a soapy water mixture. The water engages the adhesive on the plastic film and a little liquid soap in the water helps the film to be somewhat moveable while you are installing it. A squeegee is supplied to take out all water and air bubbles under the film. Once is all dries it's semi permanent. It's removable but it's not easy. Rain will not loosen it unless it's not installed properly from the get go.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
CaliMR said:
How are the speed bleeders? I read somewhere that the angle is slightly off from oem bleeders so they mess up the holes in the calipers. It was for the GT Brembos but they are the same afaik

I have been running them for over a year and 8 track days, and no problems. 4 fluid changes and multiple bleeds in that time as well.
Steve

Thanks for the info. I know it has been posted before somewhere, but do you recall what the sizes are?

I do miss having rims that my hand fit through so I could do bleeds without jacking the car and taking the wheels off.

Clear Bra - LOVE IT!
MagnaFlow - Less weight and sounds great
Airaid CAI - 421hp at the wheels
EBC - Yellow stuff
Brake cooling kit
Modified the front grill
Redline water wetter

wing Installed cause I liked the look but works well on fast tracks
camber plates Boss needs camber period
trans scoop Hit it twice and may modify or remove it before it does serious damage.
brake ducts not needed for a beginner trying out the Boss but when you even start to run faster they are needed.
SS brake lines Not need by beginners, if fact I am glad I started on the stock lines to learn the feel first.
wheel studs These are needed if you swap the tires often
wheels Running the Ford Racing Shelby wheels for cost, not light but work fine for me.
tires NT05's work well for the beginner and those that want to have a lot of fun on a budget
grille Not needed first day but like brake dusts as people improve it is a needed mod for cooling, I also removed the foam covering on the engine and rear hood weather strip..
rollbar/harnesses Same as above to help keep you in the seat, also the safety factor is nice.
gauge I use a ultra gauge to keep an eye on temp.
shifter MGW should have done this day one.
driveshaft One piece for a few extra ponies
clutch line High flow has helped with the shifting
air filter K&N
clear bra
spliter Again not needed at first but helps as people go faster.
oil canister Still sucking in too much oil with the JLT, besides removing the PVC may free up some poines.
Hans Should have bought this day one.
Planning on installing a skid plate between the splitter and radiator in case of any off-road adventures.

I did install speed bleeders but took them off since I saw fluid leaking from two of the front calipers. IMO they can not stand up to repeated heat.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel