The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tracked Mustang spare parts list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Does anyone have a list of common spares you should have for a Tracked mustang? Things that are more likely to fail, like brake check valves etc, apart from the usual things like brake pads and such.

I take the following... and the list keeps growing every year!

- Brake pads for all corners
- Front rotors
- Front hubs
- OEM brake lines
- Wheel studs and nuts
- Serpentine belt
- All drivetrain fluids

Grant 302 said:
Off the top of my head: Hubs, rotors, pads, oil cooler and radiator hoses. Tools to deal with any of that.
Dont forget an extra radiator cap. ;)

Basically just about anything that's broken and was cheap enough to buy 2 of them. Figured if it's broken once, it will break twice. The only exceptions being the driveshaft and the clutch.

Every possible common consumable and fluid, most of which have already been mentioned.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I was going to offer up my input, but I think it's covered above.

After cracking wheels last year and killing tires, I bring a couple spare wheels with tires mounted too

Tie rod ends, def tie rod ends, they are probably the weakest link on the front of the car, we bend them all of the time....which is better than replacing the rack..which is why they bend....but def tie rod ends.
and build you one of those simple toe in tools that I described in one of my threads.

In addition to the above and you have the space to carry it all: rear axle seals, front and rear wheel speed sensors, front and rear brake calipers, spare coil, crank shaft position sensor, VCT solenoids, throttle body, right Stuff gasket maker, water wetter, motor oil, friction modifier for non-torsen diff, brake cleaner, and brake fluid.

Do you need all of this? Not really, but I have seen everything in this thread replaced in the paddock between last season and this one.

TMO Supporting Vendors