The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TrackEVsOnline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Mustang was well executed when we saw it last November. I did not know there was another event.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With more and more EVs running on tracks and auto crosses we will start finding out some of the various car's weaknesses as well as their strengths. Around here, since we are so close to the Solo Nationals , we have seen the strong capabilities of the Test on an autocross course, but during the Midwest Divisional we had a Tesla ( fast driver and constant competitor ) collapse it's entire driver's side rear suspension.........literally tore the entire section away from the chassis. Like so may of our cars, racing will hopefully show the weaknesses and improve the breed, as the extra weight of the batteries may have a long term affect on areas not thought of. Having been in a Porsche Taycan I will admit I think that EVs are fun, though in the wilds of Nebraska I prefer the thought of a Hybrid. Needless to say, I few this as a positive as many of us have found with many vehicles to view their weaknesses to go fast --- like our car's ball joints or the MT82 tranny. I brought this up as we have some folks here with Teslas, and you might want to view the suspension pieces the next time it is in the shop.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel