The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trackey 91 Octane Label

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
For folks that have already installed Trackey, where did you stick the 91+ octane label that came with the documents? It doesn't appear to have a convenient place to apply it.

John

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Doesn't that cover the label that is already there describing the crazy non-cap system? For those that don't understand what I am talking about, it is the sticker that should be attached to the fuel door, not the CARB EO sticker and it looks like this...

91013.jpg

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
jneary said:
Doesn't that cover the label that is already there describing the crazy non-cap system? For those that don't understand what I am talking about, it is the sticker that should be attached to the fuel door, not the CARB EO sticker and it looks like this...

Mr Pribble, mine is going in too!!!

91013.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Tucson302 said:
Aren't you running race fuel Drew?

I run 91 plus Torco Additive which bumps it to 96+ (it's cheaper than buying 100 octane at $7.50/gal, and my tune is for 95 octane); but when I had TracKey I was running 91 out of the pump! :)

The dealer who did mine stuck the sticker under the fuel filler on the black plastic surround. One day some gas spilled out of the nozzle and ruined the sticker. Oh well.

Mine is in my bag I use for work, just found it the other day. It's still there, I was wondering where to stick it. I think I'll throw it in my binder I made with all the other Boss stuff I've collected.

Chris

Fomoco302 said:
Related question-is there any downside/damage in using higher octane fuel than recommended, other than wasting money? Stock motor with Trackey.

With my understanding on how fuel compounds work, which isn't much, there is no problem running higher octanes than specified. like you mentioned, just waste of money.

Didn't get that label (that I noticed) with track key. Dealer who installed it said bring it back for next year's emissions check. I should be set. Nice sticker though. Did Ford use MS Paint to create it?

TMO Supporting Vendors