The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trackey Discontinued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA
FYI:

The purpose of this note is to advise that the following TracKey Parts Numbers are no longer available.

Note that these part numbers were Ford Dealer only as they required special equipment and training to install TracKey.

M-14204-MBTKA CALIBRATION TRACKEY BOSS 302 2012-13

M-14204-MGTTKA CALIBRATION TRACKEY MUSTANG GT 2014.5

Background:
Software enhancements to FCSD Service Tech Tools resulted in the incompatibility of the FPP TracKey Ford Dealer Service Bay download process.

Considerable resources were been applied in an attempt to overcome the situation. After several week we have been unable to rectify the situation.

As a result the above part numbers are cancelled effective immediately.

It sounds like all of Fords scan tools had their software updated and can no longer download the program to the vehicle. The track key program was brought down from their server so even if you had one of their scan tools that wasn't updated, you would still be out of luck as once the tool connected to the server it would probably update the tool.

Wonder if they will have enough interest to do a re booted version, they are promising a track key for the 350 so they won't be shelving the concept, soooooo maybe?
On second thought the market demand likely isn't there.
Oh well.

If you already have the TracKey flash, but you lose your red key, can another key be programmed to be the TracKey?

I knew this was going to be an issue when I saw the Ford tech flashing my car with an ancient Windows XP laptop.

Does anyone know of a Ford site to answer all these questions ( a FAQ would be helpful). It seems Ford could have given us a heads up that this was coming so those of us with open vouchers or Plans for TK or TK issues might have gotten them resolved before the hammer fell. If there was an alert, I missed it. They could have given us a little window before the door slammed.

Bay Area
302BOB said:
Does anyone know of a Ford site to answer all these questions ( a FAQ would be helpful). It seems Ford could have given us a heads up that this was coming so those of us with open vouchers or Plans for TK or TK issues might have gotten them resolved before the hammer fell. If there was an alert, I missed it. They could have given us a little window before the door slammed.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/

Man- I was just on the phone with them about other parts. I should have inquired about that.

Bay Area
Bad NEWS- I just got off the phone with Ford Performance and it is done. If you have a voucher I would reach out to them and see what they can do for you guys.

I'm sure an aftermarket tuner could do the T/K tune

I just got thru chatting with Tom at Ford Performance. He informed me that if you still have a valid open Voucher for TK it can still be reflashed to your PCM. The catch is you have to send them the PCM & voucher for it to get done. Tom said this has been done many times already and that the turn around is one day after they receive it. No new orders for TK will be accepted.

I wonder if this will make the vehicles with it even more collectible? I did hear a rumor that someone like AED had figured out how to dual flash for the red key but I am not 100% sure.

WinterSucks said:
I wonder if this will make the vehicles with it even more collectible? I did hear a rumor that someone like AED had figured out how to dual flash for the red key but I am not 100% sure.

To a future collector, possibly. But to me, it just sounds like a hassle at this point.

TMO Supporting Vendors