The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey for DD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff said:
not sure what you mean. it snows here in new england. with the right set of tires this is a pretty capable car.

0EA-AAE802682049-5984-000002FED7533AA7_zps8d8386bd.jpg

well not so much in that but:

you can see the hood stripes and snow on the roads:
05-C01DBE0D7284-10381-000005C13D83A734_zps9ca64af2.jpg

I would literally kill myself if I see my baby buried in snow...lol :'(

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
Yeah, I will be installing 18" Ultra High Performance All-Season tires but not for the snow up here in CT, but for the temps. No desire to ever put my car in Satans dandruff.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I moved mine to wash it with the silver key. And when I had it shipped, the silver key went with it. Other than those times, the silver key hasn't been used.

Jeff said:
not sure what you mean. it snows here in new england. with the right set of tires this is a pretty capable car.

0EA-AAE802682049-5984-000002FED7533AA7_zps8d8386bd.jpg

well not so much in that but:

you can see the hood stripes and snow on the roads:
05-C01DBE0D7284-10381-000005C13D83A734_zps9ca64af2.jpg

So...the Boss is an all weather car? And I thought the Boss getting hailed on at ECR last May was bad (no damage this time). Too cool! I work from home, but I drive mine everyday even if I have to make up an excuse.

Only downside to the Trackey-riders tend to get a bit motion sick! The increased engine brake and throttle response gets to mine. Recently had a rider when we were doing a back roads trip request that I change back to silver key.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
kyfigfam said:
Only downside to the Trackey-riders tend to get a bit motion sick! The increased engine brake and throttle response gets to mine. Recently had a rider when we were doing a back roads trip request that I change back to silver key.

Sounds like someone who would enjoy a nice afternoon Walk. LOL ;D

Just figured out today that my Track Key is not really programmed :'(

The lopey idle and launch control don't work. Seems that the PCM is not programmed correctly. Have to go back to dealer on Monday. Can't wait to see what it sounds like.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tonywaz BOSS said:
Just figured out today that my Track Key is not really programmed :'(

The lopey idle and launch control don't work. Seems that the PCM is not programmed correctly. Have to go back to dealer on Monday. Can't wait to see what it sounds like.

Unfortunately, this is a common occurance.

Instructions require a wired/non-wireless connection to the internet for the programming to work. Many techs do not realize this and do not recognize the program is not properly installed. Took my tech, a long time neighbor and friend, a few calls to Ford to work through this issue. It was the first install he did 2 days after TK was released.

You may want to mention this to your dealer/tech and see what happens. Instructions to Tech are online and should be with your owners package received from Ford.

Good luck. I think you will enjoy the way the TK makes the car react. The sound, after you wait on the warm up cycle, is also very nice. IMO. ;D

I went through the exact same situation.

The second time I went, I mentioned about the wireless vs hardwired laptop, and they said all their laptops were hardwired. Even with the hardwired laptops, they had to go through the re-installation process 3 times because of an error in the ECM. Apparently, the ford racing tech the dealer spoke to said to not be surprised if this occurred. but at the end of the day it all worked out. I say be a little more patient and it'll be worth it at the end 8)

EDIT: also mention them that there's a way they can check if the track key features were fully installed, it's written in the FAQ section of the track key package

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel