The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey for DD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Although my car isn't a DD, I use the Red Key about 50% of the time...mainly because the gas gauge tends to rocket towards "E" while it's in. ;)

I use the red key for my DD because the car is totally different with the grey one. I don't like it when the revs stay up in between shifts when you are just driving normal. The exhaust sound is way better when the lopey idle kicks, in which is the only music I listen to while driving.

not sure what you mean. it snows here in new england. with the right set of tires this is a pretty capable car.

0EA-AAE802682049-5984-000002FED7533AA7_zps8d8386bd.jpg

well not so much in that but:

you can see the hood stripes and snow on the roads:
05-C01DBE0D7284-10381-000005C13D83A734_zps9ca64af2.jpg

I too DD my boss - and haven't used the silver key ever since i got the track key re-installed (dealer didn't get it right the first time).

I've noticed a 2mpg drop between the red and silver key, mostly due to the increased engine braking. I no longer can coast on downhills and maintain or gain speed. I've also noticed that rpm's drop faster while clutch is engaged during shifts. IMO the popping and cracking noise while engine braking is worth it.

Using the silver key in the winter isn't a bad idea tho lol

IMAG0202.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors