The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey Has Arrived - Ford’s Email to All Ford and Lincoln Dealers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracKey Has Arrived!!! This is a copy of the email going to all Ford and Lincoln Dealers.

October 24, 2011

To: All Ford and Lincoln Dealers

Subject: 2012 Boss 302 and Laguna Seca TracKey

FORD RACING TRACKEY
Ford Racing will announce the availability of TracKey for the 302 Boss Mustang at SEMA on November 1, 2011.

TracKey is an aftermarket engine performance software upgrade for the 2012 Boss 302 and Laguna Seca. It is not compatible with any other vehicle. For additional product information on TracKey, please refer to www.trackey.ford.com

TracKey cannot be installed before or included in the new vehicle purchase. Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified emissions-related parts, which include TracKey, prior to the sale and delivery of a new motor vehicle to the ultimate purchaser.

TracKey will be sold and installed exclusively through Ford and Lincoln Dealers. Recommended labor time is 1.0 hour.

The TracKey package consists of a voucher with ID number, instruction sheet, and premium fuel label.

The voucher ID number is required to download the software from the FCSD PTS Website at the time of installation.

Both vehicle keys are required to complete the installation.

ORDER PLACEMENT
A Ford Racing Parts Order Form is attached for your convenience.

Part Number: M-14204-MBTKA 2012 BOSS 302 TRACKEY FLASH
Dealer Cost:
MSRP: $302.00
Orders must be placed with the Ford Racing Performance Parts warehouse by one of the following methods:

1) Fax Orders to 734-458-0550
2) E-mail Orders to: [email protected]
3) Calling 800-FORD786
Provide P&A Code, Purchase Order, and quantity desired.

TRACKEY SHIPPING
TracKey orders will begin shipping October 31, 2011. Orders received by 2:00 PM EST will be shipped same day to the dealer via a UPS Red Next Day envelope.

Each envelope will include a voucher with ID number, instruction sheet, and premium fuel label.

BILLING ON PARTS & ACCESSORIES STATEMENT
Dealers will be billed for TracKey Orders on their Parts & Accessories Statement.

SERVICE WRITER INSTRUCTIONS
Obtain TracKey envelope from Parts Department or customer:
1) Inform customer of labor charge. (1.0 hour recommended)
2) Confirm with owner that premium fuel is in the vehicle (91+ octane)
3) Provide the following items to the Technician:
a. Both keys that came with the vehicle
b. The TracKey Instructions provided in the package
c. Premium Fuel Only label provided in the package
d. The voucher provided in the package
4) Upon completion of the install, please return the envelope, with voucher card, to the customer.
5) Inform the customer that they will receive a CARB Executive Order (E.O.) Label in the mail
approximately 7 days after installation. The label should be affixed to the driver's side strut tower.

WARNING – Utilizing TracKey calibration with fuel that is lower than 91 octane may cause
engine damage. Damage caused by low octane fuel will not be covered under the Ford
Racing limited warranty.

TracKey is only applicable if the vehicle has no aftermarket engine modifications (i.e. no
aftermarket "cold" air kit, headers, cams, superchargers, etc.) Utilizing TracKey
calibration with aftermarket engine modifications may cause engine damage.

Damage caused by aftermarket modifications will not be covered under the Ford Racing limited
warranty.

HOW WILL THIS AFFECT VEHICLE WARRANTY?

TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 or Laguna Seca by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern.

Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

To register for Ford Racing Limited Warranty, please contact the Ford Racing Tech Line at
(800) FORD-788 and provide the TracKey proof of purchase and installation invoices, date, mileage, and VIN.

Visit www.fordracingparts.com for additional information regarding the Ford Racing Limited Warranty.

QUESTIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT
If you have questions on TracKey, please contact the Ford Racing Techline at (800) FORD-788

MrGT5oh said:
This is just like another christmas!
It doesn't feel like it.

HOW WILL THIS AFFECT VEHICLE WARRANTY?TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 or
Laguna Seca by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration
of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern. Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

I sent this information to a local Ford dealership who stated they would do the install on my vehicle......lets hope they get on the ball and have it ready to be installed on November 2nd!!! This is GREAT news!

BLAZN BOSS

5 dot 0 I am seeing what you were posting and reasearching while you posted, I also wondered what "This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts" ment. It may be the FPP web site hasn't caught up yet but theres a link there that gives you a list of "warranted" parts. Track key aint there yet. I'ts warranted I'm sure but odd that FPP has to do it .............is it just like the manufactures warranty? guess we will find out............It isnt going to stop me from having it though LOL!

BLAZN BOSS

YES, so why does this make it only a three year one?................and it's retro to the date of sale!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
oh what the f***.

I didn't read the part about the warranty being reduced to 3/36 for powertrain. :mad:

However, that is still better than an aftermarket tune that VOIDS your warranty...

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
And I'm sure there is a way to track the # of track key uses or if the track key was in use when something went 'wrong.'

The way that I read it is, that there is a 3/36 warranty from Ford Racing when the CAUSE of failure is related to the Trackey program, and that problems not related to Trackey are covered by the original warranty.

Jeff Quinn

Jeff Quinn said:
The way that I read it is, that there is a 3/36 warranty from Ford Racing when the CAUSE of failure is related to the Trackey program, and that problems not related to Trackey are covered by the original warranty.

Jeff Quinn
You could be right on that. If someone has the time call Ford's hotline at 800-367-3788 and ask them how the warranty is going to work.

BLAZN BOSS

HAHAHAHAHA! Well everyone wondered what would be the kink in the trackey program............it's not the program it's the warranty.........I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, oh!........hmmmmmmmmm maybe not.........LOLOLOLOL.

TMO Supporting Vendors