The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey Install Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone had their TracKey successfully installed on their Boss in Florida?

We have been at one local dealer twice with no success. We even called Ford Racing Tech Line while there and told the Ford Racing Tech our problem, he asked us to hand the phone to the Dealer Tech and still could not complete the download. Tech could not get past step #16. I feel it was Stubborn Tech.

Any suggestion.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I've tried 3 times and no luck. On the fourth and hopefully by Wednesday I'll know something. I know at least one person has gotten it here in Florida. Where exactly are you?

Palm Beach County. We are willing to go to most any dealer in Florida if they have completed the download. We already have the Ford Racing Package, which is only a key number needed to complete the download.

ufnavy06

boss1334 said:
Palm Beach County. We are willing to go to most any dealer in Florida if they have completed the download. We already have the Ford Racing Package, which is only a key number needed to complete the download.

There is a dealer up here in Jax that has done three as of last week, but my local dealer hasn't figured it out and I don't have the time to drive to the other dealer right now.

OLOABoss said:
Try Sunrise Ford in Ft Pierce. I think that is who 2012 Yellow Boss used.

Peter

Yep, the service dept is very professional and well run. Ask for Josh, he will have you in and out in no time. Unlike many people here that had to tell the dealer who to call and how to order Trackey all I did is tell them I wanted it, dropped off the car then drove away with no problems.

boss1334 said:
Has anyone had their TracKey successfully installed on their Boss in Florida?

We have been at one local dealer twice with no success. We even called Ford Racing Tech Line while there and told the Ford Racing Tech our problem, he asked us to hand the phone to the Dealer Tech and still could not complete the download. Tech could not get past step #16. I feel it was Stubborn Tech.

Any suggestion.

I had #369 installed by Courtesy Ford in Sanford. No problem and just under one hour. If you contact them ask for Dominick.

Thanks for everyones help :)

We have already contacted Josh at Sunrise and will be scheduling an appointment next week for the TracKey install.

I will update after the install and test drive is completed.

427mustang

68fb42769scj88drag car2012BossYB838 LS 760 SILVER
Tk installed YB #838 in Ocala Fl. no problems sounds great with out plates in of course,better throttle responce, sounds great at lopey idle also. 427 MUSTANG IN THE VILLAGES FL.

427mustang said:
Tk installed YB #838 in Ocala Fl. no problems sounds great with out plates in of course,better throttle responce, sounds great at lopey idle also. 427 MUSTANG IN THE VILLAGES FL.

It's good to know there is more then one dealer that knows how to do this down here!

Today is the day, having TK download performed at Sunrise Ford. Will be at service dept. when they open. Can't wait to try it out on the way home.

Thank again

TK Finally complete. It took less then an hour. Runs great and sound awesome. Sunrise Ford is a nice and friendly dealer. Josh was supper.

boss1334 said:
TK Finally complete. It took less then an hour. Runs great and sound awesome. Sunrise Ford is a nice and friendly dealer. Josh was super.

Normally I don't trust my cars to anyone, won't valet or anything like that but I have no fear dropping my car there. Glad it went well but sorry you had to make the trip for it.

ufnavy06

I finally got mine done yesterday. Turns out my dealer had a problem with their internet and getting the patch so once they worked out those kinks, they were good to go. So far so good, minus the tire size calibration thingy.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Anyone else have a problem with the '13 version of Trackey? My dealer now has my Boss overnight after failing last Thu afternoon, and all day today. The sent me home in a loaner car, as I couldn't get someone to drop me off early this morning. It's over 30 miles away and not the most convenient location. A real bummer to be w/o my Boss the last 2 days of my vacation, esp with great weather here in the low 80's with low humidity.

The service manager is doing everything be can to get this done. I had provided the links to the updated install & dealer instructions weeks before my Boss arrived last week. However there is some problem with the service dept PC. They supposedly have installed the required patch, but no matter what they do, they can't get the PC to successfully 'pair up' with the Boss ECU. The PC just seems to go into some odd loop, and they cannot proceed. This appears to be at the very first step of the programming process.

Unfortunately they've never done this before so I get to be the test subject =/ . He has been on the phone with Ford Racing and keeps getting told the problem lies with their PC. Now we know the cars are ready to accept the program, and the '13 version of the program is good, so it would seem some step/procedure/prerequisite has failed. Their IT guy was called in to troubleshoot the PC and try and get this working. I had mentioned some of the east coast Ford dealers in FL that a few people have reported success with their installs, should he want to reach out and talk to another service dept. It's kind of hard to walk the fine line of trying to be helpful and not sound like I'm telling them how to do their job...

After I got the call around 3:40 this afternoon telling me they still were having problems I knew they would want to keep it another day. I said that they could keep it til around noon time tomorrow, but then I would need it back and then I could figure out my next move.

gremlinsteve said:
the dealewr i used in nashville didnt have any issues. your guy should call around and get some help.

Yea i had mine done at CrossRoads Ford in Cary NC with no issues. I was nervous about the pinging I heard that did go away which was normal. I have been to told it is better to run Shell gasoline which doesn't use the ethanol. It is hard to find pure gas anymore!

no issues with mine either. took about 45min. this was not the dealer i bought the car from though they were going to do it for free but had no idea what trackey was so I went elsewhere and paid the hour of labor. seems like it was well worth it.

TMO Supporting Vendors