The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I didn't know the RPM's went down to 2000 unless the car is stopped.... ;-)

people say that gas mileage varies...but mine's pretty much where Rick's is. this car is just too fun to not push it a little.

14.6mpg on black, 12.1 on red ... I dont drive fast, but I do not shift at 2000, I want to hear that gurgle , never seen skip shift ^^

boss2511 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
lopey idle is awesome, the car shakes and barks. trackey definitely makes the driving experience better than ever.
This is what matters. I love the sound when backing off the throttle between 4-5,000 RPM's. ;D

I thought I ran over a bottle or something. Then i realized it's from the exhaust popping. It definitely sounded a lot meaner. For some reason I felt the steering improved with it.
TK uses the sport mode for steering. ;)
you sure? when I brought up that screen its still in normal. I have to select sport it saves the setting but you have to select it.

i went back and tried both modes. i actually prefer Normal mode, it felt more connected and more sensitive than sport mode. it was quite noticeable too.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ihatepotholess said:
boss2511 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
lopey idle is awesome, the car shakes and barks. trackey definitely makes the driving experience better than ever.
This is what matters. I love the sound when backing off the throttle between 4-5,000 RPM's. ;D

I thought I ran over a bottle or something. Then i realized it's from the exhaust popping. It definitely sounded a lot meaner. For some reason I felt the steering improved with it.
TK uses the sport mode for steering. ;)
you sure? when I brought up that screen its still in normal. I have to select sport it saves the setting but you have to select it.

i went back and tried both modes. i actually prefer Normal mode, it felt more connected and more sensitive than sport mode. it was quite noticeable too.
yeah I prefer normal mode as well. sport just makes it stiff

#494 got her split personality installed this morning. For anyone in the NJ area looking for a knowledgable shop to do this, I highly recommend speaking with Ryan at Winner Ford in Cherry Hill. The guys is awesome and a Ford factory sponsored racer (drag). He let me observe the entire process standing next to him while talking racing. He has a '13 CJ on order which should arrive in a week or two. He went with me as I test drove the car after the install and he was smiling as much as I was!!

Anyway, wow is this a cool option! ;D The throttle mapping is more drivable IMO, and the engine braking is really noticeable. Can't beat the popping on decel either! The lopey idle is absolutely noticeable, I can see and feel the car 'shake' at stop lights.

:D

had mine done this morning on the way to work. throttle mapping does feel better. didn't get to drive much seems pretty neat. sort of annoyed you have to hit ok to clear the messages on the screen every time though.

if the car had long tubes and no cats I think the lopey idle would be way better. it does work but the stock exhaust just isn't loud enough at idle even with side pipes open.

Either way the track key is cool and I'm glad to have it.

My dealer lacks anyone with info on this trackk key. I went in to order it yesterday and they said they would have to look into how much it is gonna cost. He called me today and told me it is $350 plus $180 for the red key and then the labor. The guy in service also then told me that I can only use the TK FOUR time then my warranty is void. can anyone lay out the specifics for me on what it should cost, the warranty issues and any other things I need to know. Maybe where I can order it online?
thanks, Bob
'13 PW Boss #493

Justin

bkaser90 said:
My dealer lacks anyone with info on this trackk key. I went in to order it yesterday and they said they would have to look into how much it is gonna cost. He called me today and told me it is $350 plus $180 for the red key and then the labor. The guy in service also then told me that I can only use the TK FOUR time then my warranty is void. can anyone lay out the specifics for me on what it should cost, the warranty issues and any other things I need to know. Maybe where I can order it online?
thanks, Bob
'13 PW Boss #493
that dealer is a stealership. You should already have the key all bosses come with two keys one with a silver "boss 302" the other red. The red one is the trackey until you get it programmed it's just a normal key. You buy a voucher from a dealer retail is $302 you can get it from tousley ford. Google them call them order on the phone get it for around 230 shipped. It's just a voucher with numbers and letters and dealer instructions and customer instructions. Once you get that you pay for one hour of labor at the dealer for installation. That's it.

And your warranty isn't voided after four uses....ford racing picks up the engine warranty for three years the rest of the car is covered by ford.

Justin

link from there site
http://www.fordracingparts.com/trackey/default.asp

here are the keys you should have the red one being the trackey
M-14204-MBTKA.jpg

Number to tousley ford
800-328-9552

I'm still amazed that manufacturers can't communicate something like this to their dealers before it comes out. Shoot all the service / parts managers a quick email and everybody's on the same page. Fail.

cajundao said:
Ok, $300 for software and 1 hour labor ($80) for installation? thanks for your reply.

Yep, that's the standard. Of course I've seen it for $200 at Sean Hyland Motorsports and around $220 at a few others....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel