cajundao said:Ok, $300 for software and 1 hour labor ($80) for installation? thanks for your reply.
Here's my advice and few things to look out for... after having to make two visits to the dealer myself.
1. Purchase the "tune" online, the "tune" should go for around $210 + shipping. Check AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake parts department (formely Tousley Ford). You may find other online dealer parts dept. links within this thread as well.
2. Check if the dealer has performed a Track Key installation before, because they need to have the right equipment, software, and operating system. If they haven't, I'd look for another dealer, unless you really trust them. (downside to having an experienced dealer is that they may charge you for two hours for labor, since they really know how long the install might take)
3. Make sure the dealer hardwires the laptop to their network and not wireless. If connection drops, they have to start over again.
4. Be prepared to leave your car at the dealer for a whole day, because the PCM might encounter errors during the install, and the process has to be restarted multiple times while they call Ford Racing.
5. Once you're ready to pick up the car, check that tune and features have been completely installed. Check the FAQ section of the paper work for the step-by-step to installation confirmation (you may also find the steps in this thread. Note 2012 and 2013 have different ways of confirming the installation).
6. Enjoy the red key everyday lol