The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trackey Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys, i wonder if you can help with some input on this issue.

My Trackey works fine i need help on another persons

I met a lady Boss Owner at a show today ( bear in mind we are in the UK) who has a normal key and a trackey.

When she fires up the car with the trackey there's no message to say trackey enabled, she has also never had the "lopey idle" message come up so i was assuming her key has never been programmed.

here's the wierd bit, she thinks the car definitely drives differently with the trackey in, she also says she can tell the difference which key she is using without looking at the key first.

So, is it possible that the key is sort of working but just not showing on the display when you turn the ignition on or is she just dreaming it.

if anyone has heard of anything similar please throw a response up, personally i dont think its been programmed is there any way to check?

ian

Cover both keys in tape and randomly give her keys say 15 times and let her drive the car and guess which key is which. Rig it so you always give her the silver key and see what she picks.

Mustang_Mechanic

Ford Master Technician
Easy answer is no. If it is not displaying track key when ignition is turned on, the track key has not been enabled. It is entirely possible that they installed the tune but didnot enable the track key. Even with the program in the pcm, it will not do anythin if the track key has not been enabled

If you can give me her vin number I can run it and see if it has been programed. (send via PM if you would like)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel