The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trackey Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I took delivery of my Boss 302 Laguna Seca on Friday . . . Silver and orange (red?) The paint and graphics is a little over the top but it's growing on me ! ;D

A few interesting items:

The brake ducts were not in the car and will be sent sometime in the near future.
The front splitter was not in the car and like wise . . will be sent in the near future.

The Trackey was not activated by the dealer and was told it will not be ready for installation, pending CARB certification. The timing for this is unknown.
(Thank you California :mad: )

Can anyone verify this Trackey story? I can't find anything on the forum that discusses the Trackey. There is some online promotion stuff about it but nothing more.

Thanks!

Randy
Vin# C5200029

rsstopper said:
The Trackey was not activated by the dealer and was told it will not be ready for installation, pending CARB certification. The timing for this is unknown.
(Thank you California :mad: )
Yes I can confirm this and it should be available by June. Just an FYI there are 13 states that confirm with CARB not just CA. Ford knew they would have to pass this certification so it was nothing new to them. The Boss cars without TracKey had to pass along with every other car Ford sells. Ford could have managed expectations on this better than they did.

Congratulation on your LS and welcome to BMO.

Thanks 5 DOT 0 ...

I know it's not just California . . . but they are easy to pick on!!

Thanks again.

Randy

Remember....CARB stands for California Air Resources Board. I live here and I hate them. If other states choose to hitch their wagon to us... they can do so at their own peril. This state is broken and broke because we have created a government agency to solve every problem or perceived problem that has or ever will exist!!!!! LOL

Randy - congrats on your purchase - post some pics when you have time!

The dealer can install (at no charge) all the Laguna Seca pieces except the big splitter. I installed the splitter myself, no problems, and I'm not much of a wrench turner.

The Laguna Seca box holding all the goodies is big. You're gonna need a truck to get it home.

TMO Supporting Vendors